•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aveosam's computer problems (theres alot)

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: need help with vista

god i must have broken a mirror or picked up a penny the wrong way because im having the worst luck....our home desktop just crapped out on us. it was fine one second then I call hp about my other laptop and i come back and its frozen so i turn it off... mean while i smell something burning so I open up the tower case and dont see smoke or smell the burn anymore...turn it back on and the power light is orange and no picture on the screen (same thing it did last time the harddrive went out on this computer).....thats the second hard drive for that. its funny how our computers used to be perfectly fine til my lil brother started using them and dl'ing not so nice things....this leads me to believe that I may also have a virus on my flashdrive stick because I downloaded the fix for it and it still won't open on the vista laptop. I believe its because of the virus protection on this computer cause it scans everything before it opens. Just my theory so I am pretty much giving up on trying to get it to work. add that to the list of things i need for class in the fall.

Oh and while my home desktop was breaking its self, hp called to tell me that the problem with my original laptop could not be fixed under warranty because the hard drive on that is toast and its not covered under the known problems with that laptop...so theres another couple hundred...this is turning out to be a very expensive summer i was stressing at first about it but now im just trying to laugh off the misfortune and roll with the punches.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: aveosam's computer problems (theres alot)

Really no idea about the flashdrive... an orange power light is usually an indication of a bad power supply (at least on dells). You can order a new one from newegg.com for like $15

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12