•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fog Lights Install

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Nickjwes View Post
      Is it possible to take the fogs, wires, and column switch from an 08 LT sedan and put them in an LS sedan of the same year and maintain the ability to use the oem fog switch like stock?
      yes, very possible

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Has it been done? And how involved is it for the wiring? Like is it pretty much plug and play? I don't see a lead for dogs but I see prongs where the relay goes in the fuse box

Thanks
      you'd probably need to do your own bit of wiring, unlikely that the wiring would be plug and play but i'm sure the switch would

Thanks
      Easier to run your own and just hide it. Ran all my led and strobes through the grommet on the driver side behind the fender. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  289.1 KB Fog switches are right between the pillar and gauge cluster on dash. the one dangling switch is for the led module mounted on the under cover of the steering wheel, going to replace soon with air plane style switch in the circles next to the hazards. Led strip across the column I have to re do in black tape. Interior is worth about $10-$15k. Lol 😂😂😂

Thanks
      I post off my phone so everything goes side ways �� Here's with the lights on and now Name:  image.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  269.9 KB I hid them behind the grill now because I want oe fogs alsoName:  image.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  293.9 KB. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 934
Size:  90.5 KB

Thanks
      All those are old photos from the winter a lot has changed since then. I promise it my last post lol Name:  image.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  307.8 KB

Thanks
      my oh my....

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      So after doing a motor swap and seeing all the connectors (and inspecting my fuse box to find the fog relay slot and fuse slot both have prongs already in them) I noticed that above the transmission there is a connector that looks a lot like the taillight wiring connector (with grey foam on it).

I also added a hitch hitch and plug and play hitch connector hence why I figured this out.

What I'm getting at is that maybe the connector above the trans is the headlight connector? If so, the OEM fog harness may plug and play into that connector like my hitch connector did with the tail light- as in you separate the connector and add the t connector into it and add the switch on the column and fuses/relays and voila you get working oem fog lights.

If if someone with OEM fog lights could confirm this by chasing the fog light wires that would be super helpful.

i ask because I may get the fog lights and switch and harness from another 08 that came with them from the factory and would love to know if I can uninstall them from that car and then plug and play into my car.

I also came to this conclusion when I looked up wiring harnesses (because I did the motor swap and wanted to see if I could install the manual trans into the automatic without major issue) and only found 2 wiring harnesses; one of which was auto and one that was manual- neither mentioned fog lights though.

Anyone who's willing to chase wires for giggles please let me know! THANKS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123