•  
    Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: The cruise control DIY thread.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      No he's showing us the right side. The cruise control wires aren't there on that one, but every one that I've looked at had them there - is your car the "Special Value" trim without AC?

Sorry for being vague in my post above, I'll edit it to show pictures of the correct side of the connector. I just didn't have any at the time.

Last edited by Thud Slamrod; 01-08-2015 at 01:25 AM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanks Petrified.rabbit. Sorry the pic isn't a bit clearer showing the entire connector. the wires you see in the picture are the only wires in the connector. Three. There are only three wires coming into the connector. The other end of the connector has only one wire: the black wire to the horn switch.

Thanks
      The car is equipped with AC and automatic transmission. AM/FM radio with auxiliary input; no cd player. No power locks, no power windows. 2007 sedan, US model. White... thanks!

Thanks
      You may need to go to the connector on the firewall. I found these pictures on another website showing the pinout and wires spliced into the connector.

Name:  pinout1.jpg
Views: 17438
Size:  171.7 KB

Name:  ip connector.jpg
Views: 3234
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  ip connector 2.jpg
Views: 3867
Size:  155.0 KB

Thanks
      [QUOTE=Thud Slamrod;191170]You may need to go to the connector on the firewall. I found these pictures on another website showing the pinout and wires spliced into the connector.

Thanks, Thud. Yes, I have studied these pics and the related article. I think the pictures are from a 2006. I was confused from the article as to which connector was being used; the top or the bottom. From the pics, it looks like it's the top through-firewall connector.

Unfortunately, the wire colors on my 2007 are not the same as shown here. The pins MIGHT go to the same locations, but I'd hate to do damage by tapping into the wrong location.

Does anybody have the pin connector diagram for a 2007 aveo sedan?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dorfman View Post
      The car is equipped with AC and automatic transmission. AM/FM radio with auxiliary input; no cd player. No power locks, no power windows. 2007 sedan, US model. White... thanks!
      According to what I've got, heres what the cruise control schematic looks like for your car.

Name:  schematic.jpg
Views: 3540
Size:  20.7 KB

Since you don't have the wires in pins 4 & 7 of connector C2 (white clockspring connector) You'd need to go to the firewall at connector C205 and tap into the wires on pins 5 & 12.

Name:  c205-1.jpg
Views: 4553
Size:  185.4 KB

If there isn't a wire going to the ECM from pin 5 on that connector, You'd need to find a way to tap into pin 45 on the ECM.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Thud Slamrod; 01-09-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      you have a 2007 restyled sedan don't you? that is a one year only hybrid wiring harness.. it changes again in 2008, and then completely in 2009 and stays the same.

I think you might need to go the rest of the way to the ecu plug.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      [QUOTE=dorfman;191171]
      Quote Originally Posted by Thud Slamrod View Post
      You may need to go to the connector on the firewall. I found these pictures on another website showing the pinout and wires spliced into the connector.

Thanks, Thud. Yes, I have studied these pics and the related article. I think the pictures are from a 2006. I was confused from the article as to which connector was being used; the top or the bottom. From the pics, it looks like it's the top through-firewall connector.

Unfortunately, the wire colors on my 2007 are not the same as shown here. The pins MIGHT go to the same locations, but I'd hate to do damage by tapping into the wrong location.

Does anybody have the pin connector diagram for a 2007 aveo sedan?
      according to the Wiring Diagram I have; you need to tap into Pins 5 and 12 of connector C205 they SHOULD be a Gray wire and a Brown wire.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      you have a 2007 restyled sedan don't you? that is a one year only hybrid wiring harness.. it changes again in 2008, and then completely in 2009 and stays the same.

I think you might need to go the rest of the way to the ecu plug.
      2009 is when they went from the L91 E-TEC engine to the LXV Ecotec engine. I think they also moved the Cruise Logic from the ECM to the IPC, because the Cruise Wiring Diagram gets a LOT Simpler.

Thanks
      Thank you for the additional info on the 2007 wiring. Is connector C205 the top connector through the firewall or the bottom connector?

(and, yes, my car is the restyled 2007 sedan.)

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast