•  
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tire Wear Question

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I agree with Aveo Garbage. This is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. Uneven tire wear, check engine lights, rattles and squeaks, I knew it was cheap, but it is falling apart. And who in this thread called it a domestic? Its a daewoo from Korea. I was just looking at the new Fit sport, thats what Chevy needs to copy to get back in the game.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      and i am sure you have "justifiable" reasons why your aveo is junk, but that does not mean they all are. Nor does it mean your own is, it just means you drive it enough and recognize all the flaws, how many miles? my friends honda fit rattled and shaked at 20k..

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Hey, the Fit is a better car all around, no questions there, to me at least, but it cost way more too, parts are way more expensive also, but to say the Aveo is junk is wrong, my Aveo is great and Chevrolet so far has given me great customer service, so, u just got a lemon, witch happen sometimes, I had a Focus and a Explorer and they where lemons, my friends Focus on the other hand was great, when u get a car like that best thing to do is get ready of it and move on to something else, and yes u will probably lose some money, it happens sometimes...

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I looked at a Scion Equalivant (I forget the model number) and I did want a honda, but for the cash my special value with after market AC was way cheaper than both. I have manual locks and windows, don't want the automatics. I wanted a car that was cheap to buy, own and maintain and I got it. Granted I think certain aspects of the car could be better, and I got what I paid for. BTW I threw out the Scion as the trunk space was in USELESS. Even the junk in my pants was bigger. The Aveo has decent trunk space. I used to carry about three different size folding bicycles in my trunk and still have room for other stuff.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i think the fit does cost more, way more than the aveo, but its not necessarily better. And for the price you pay for a fit, you open up to a lot of other better choices.

Thanks
      I agree, the Aveo is a good value for the money, I payd $9000 for my Special Value otd, the cheapest Fit I could fine was $15k+dealer fees and Honda was not wiling to negociate at all. Toyota was wiling to deal but their cheapest car was $17k! Also looked at the KIA Rio, a little nicer than the Aveo but the Aveo was a hatch and I knew if I ever wanted to sup it would look great, the Rio was just too conservative of a design to look good modified. My car has 55k now and so far only thing Ive changed was the Serpentine(acessorie) belt. Now I'm getting ready to do the timing belt, autch!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i think the fit does cost more, way more than the aveo, but its not necessarily better. And for the price you pay for a fit, you open up to a lot of other better choices.
      I love Hondas(in ur face Hunter!) but for the money of a Fit or Civic, I figure, I rather trow in a few more bucks and get a Malibu or something else...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      ive never liked honda, driven a lot of them though, but the feel disconnected from the road and still cheapish, even the 30k dollar ones.. for how much an "entry" level honda costs i would be happier in a vw (start at $16k new) but if i was spending that much anyhow, i'd pick up a 2-4 year old s4.

i prefer rear beam fwd cars, i'd rather feel the road and be a 3 legged dog anytime...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Dose any one have a set of tires on there car there happy with my vehicle only has 100 miles on it just got it yesterday and i here lots of people not getting much out of them they are kinda noisy but can deal with it maybe ill let GM buy my next set and then buy then Michelin may make a good tire for this car i looked at the Firestone Firehawk GT and there $100.43 each any one have them? Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels has a few but i would rather buy local

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      what size tires are you looking for? i like falken 502, fantastic performance tire that is affordable online.. if its available in the size your hunting go with it.. kumho ecsta, nexen n3000, nitto, etc all make great compact sport tires for half the price of american brand builders like firestone, goodyear, etc.

i just picked up a set of sunny tires, i'll post how i like them if i get them on this season..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast