•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Wear Question

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Tire Wear Question

I have an unmodified 2009 Aveo 5 LT. The issue I'm having is that the stock tires are wearing more on the outside of the tires than the inside. The when I took the car in for a warranty issue the dealer did an alignment on it. The former front tires were so bad that the outside lugs were almost totally worn off while the inside was like new. Is this from accelerating while cornering, or is there something wrong with my alignment? I switched the fronts to the rear to start over, since wear is uniform in the rear and I'm starting to notice it's happening again. I've been paying close attention to not accelerate hard while turning, but the outsides are starting to wear more than the inside again. Please advise!!!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: Tire Wear Question

It's usually from turning your wheels that pulling out from a stop. Like an intersection, making a right or left turn from a stop. if you turn your wheel the whole way in one direction, you can see the top of the tire leans out a little.
      Is wears slightly while at speeds through a turn as well.

The factory tires are terrible though.

You can adjust tire pressure, and alter the alignment slightly to fix this.

Thanks
      I also have a 09 Aveo with tire wear problems. I drive 100% hwy miles. I Replaced first tire at 11k miles, and the next 2 at 23k one original back tire looks great more than half tread still there the rest of the tires are bald! this car has had 3 alignments by 3 different shops all shops say the alignment was perfect. GM says this is normal tire wear and there is nothing wrong.
      The Aveo Is A piece of Garbage!!!! This Is the LAST GM Vechle I will ever own! Dealer wont do anything, I called GM and they dont care ether so Im done with GM!!!!!!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      my stock tires looked new after 30k miles

rabbit has said many times that the factory tires on the 2nd gen aveos are not very good, not like they cost much to begin with anyways, must be an import fan though, what a silly reason to hate a car

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the car is junk because the tires that cost $34 a piece only last 11k miles on your car? mine were bald at 4k.. the dealer replaced them under warranty without me asking and they didn't last long either, i bought real tires and they have been on my car over 15k and are still nice.

try different tires before writing the car off?

Thanks
      The car is junk because it has tire problems, it has alarm problems, it shuts off for no reason, power windows dont work,sunroof is falling apart, and I can go on and on!!! it has been in the shop 10 times in 6 months!
      I dont know where your getting tires, but here the Firestone firehawk GT 185-55R15 is $138 each.
      I bought this from a GM dealer that lost there GM franchise with the re-structuring. The dealer I take it to for repairs didnt sell me the car so they really dont care!
      This car is the biggest piece of Junk I have ever owned! and it will be the LAST GM Junk I will ever own!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      ok then, have fun on the honda forums.

Thanks
      "there GM franchise".....that is some good grammer, also should have used "are $138" instead of "is $138"

must be aveorob or somebody in disguise, I can buy new tires for under $70 each easy

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      dudes i just bought 4 tires and it was $80 bucks. for 15 inch wheels. Goodyears mounted and all
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Thanks
      I guess your car is junk if you had to maintain it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast