•  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Wear Question

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      in defense, $34 is the price of the 14" kumhos.. even so, much better tires can be had in the 15" variety for @ $50 each, plus shipping and mounting for a total @ $300..

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      i paid $120/ea for 18" Nexen N7000 tires.....

OP is a hater

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I think it was aveorob.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo-Garbage View Post
      The car is junk because it has tire problems, it has alarm problems, it shuts off for no reason, power windows dont work,sunroof is falling apart, and I can go on and on!!! it has been in the shop 10 times in 6 months!
      I dont know where your getting tires, but here the Firestone firehawk GT 185-55R15 is $138 each.
      I bought this from a GM dealer that lost there GM franchise with the re-structuring. The dealer I take it to for repairs didnt sell me the car so they really dont care!
      This car is the biggest piece of Junk I have ever owned! and it will be the LAST GM Junk I will ever own!
      Statistics say that about 5% all al cars produced are 'junk' cars regardless of brand, for one reason or another things not not fit properly due to manufacture defects, I had a Ford Focus like that, it would break down every month and I got it new, my brother had a Accord and the same thing, it was trash... Its possible ur car is one of those unfortunate 'lemons'. My OEM tires lasted me about 45k! I don't remenber the brand, I think Continentals, in a cheap car like the Aveo the factory will switch parts around to be cost effective. I have 55k on my car now, 17' wheels with cheap generic DIAMOND BACK low pro tires and 'zero wear' showing on them, so far the car have being a 'jewel' only think I have changed so far in 55k is the serpentine acessories belt and idler gear. So I love it...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I do not think you will be able to reason with this person...

Banned
      Thanks
      I can't stand when a person has a bad experience with 1 domestic car and has a canniption fit cuzs it's a lemon swearing off all Domestics forever. Even the Japanese have lemons. The car my dad has now is a 2006 Nissan Maxima, which he traded in his 1994 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab 3.0L V6 4x4 on. That truck had more problems than any vehicle he's ever owned. I remember just poking the dashboard out of curiosity once and trim pieces fell off. At 120,000 miles, the entire bottom end of the engine blew out and we had it rebuilt. The truck just got worse and worse after that with something breaking every few months. The brake lines, I remember were THE biggest b*tch about that truck as they had different size couplings on each end. The front axle and diff were shot so it was RWD only. The only things that truck had going for it was the 5 speed manual transmission never had any problem, and the ride was COMFY! He traded it in having had enough of the truck on that Maxima. Within the first week, the Nissan was in the shop, under warranty, to have the 12 volt outlets fixed, which they were, only to break again a month later. Other than that, the Nissan hasn't given us any problems. But Dad says he won't ever buy a Ford product again (That Ranger wasn't the first crap car we've had from the blue oval of death.) but says he would trade his Nissan in on a lower range Chevrolet or GM or even Chrysler product in a heartbeat.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      Imagine being a Lexus owner and buying a $60,000 car and having the inside of all four tires worn down to the belts at TEN THOUSAND MILES. Don't like it? Get used to it, unless you spend $1400 on Michelin tires. THEN they'll last MAYBE 20,000 miles.

Tire wear issues don't mean that a car is junk. Hell no. Alignment specs are often tweaked after a car is released to correct driveability issues, such as how a vehicle acts during extreme braking, or an emergency lane change.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Shibbs View Post
      Imagine being a Lexus owner and buying a $60,000 car and having the inside of all four tires worn down to the belts at TEN THOUSAND MILES. Don't like it? Get used to it, unless you spend $1400 on Michelin tires. THEN they'll last MAYBE 20,000 miles.

Tire wear issues don't mean that a car is junk. Hell no. Alignment specs are often tweaked after a car is released to correct driveability issues, such as how a vehicle acts during extreme braking, or an emergency lane change.
      Then I'd just bring it in for new tires and an alignment and recalibration of the suspension geometry.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
      Then I'd just bring it in for new tires and an alignment and recalibration of the suspension geometry.
      We aren't allowed to do that at the dealership.

It's basically the same response you'll get as if you ask the dealership to remove the top speed limiter. It is a safety issue.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Shibbs View Post
      We aren't allowed to do that at the dealership.

It's basically the same response you'll get as if you ask the dealership to remove the top speed limiter. It is a safety issue.
      Never said I'd bring it to the dealership. I have a mechanic I use who our family has been using for 20 years. He always makes sure everything's done right.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast