•  

Thread: suspention question

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks

suspention question

im lowing my car down to asphalt level and wondering if i can get lower with 14s or 15s or if it realy matter i think its just personal pref by the way 14s are steelies repainted and done right 15s are bbs rz

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      its all about tire size. I am as low as I can get on 15" wheels and 195/45r15 tires. If i went to a 165/45r15 i could gain 3/4" of a inch (maybe). In a 14 i could run a 195/45r14, or 185/45r14 and pick up the 1/2" in the radius as well. Offsets play a small part in my fitment though. Drivability is something to consider as well, i get hung up on the street enough as it is.

Thanks
      reason being im in Germany and they have a lot more compact cars than we do by a long shot and they have low pro 14s here it looks pretty clean not gonna lie so i started thinking about it

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      well i was naming tire sizes that would be cheaper in germany than the states..my 195/45r15 is the most reasonably accessible small tire in the us in a 15. I also have a set of 165/45r15, but its not enough width for daily driving on the highway. A 185/45r15 would be good, but imho, in europe, go with a 165/40r17, and tuck the top of the rim.Here is my car for reference (with german content) :P :

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
      very nice i didn't know you had a corrado i always wanted one. your aveo inspires me though its very clean i have a 90 bmw 316 that's where i got the bbs wheels but they don't look right on my car even with low pro but Ive seen steel wheels with 45s and steel rings they look nice plus i wouldn't feel so bad driving here its alot of cobble stone roads and uneven curbs if you need any euro parts let me know i see a lot of kalos but none of them are lowered so i cant ask them how the ride i guess its a crap shoot

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I have a 195/50 R16 on my ride and lowered the back. Personally I think the 16 is a little big, so I don't have much to include on the 14/15" wheels . I also hit the well if I hit a pretty hard bump. I should hopefully lower the front soon, just waiting if some parts come available to do it.

Thanks
      well good news im in contact with a custom shop here in Europe that does steel wheel work they do everything from widening to barreling he said it is cheaper to get the wheels i have the way i want than to find a set of regular run of the mill wheels you see on everyone's car ... no offense i just love steelies

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      looks for a set of corrado widened steelies? used should be easy to find in germany.. 15" good looking steelies.

Thanks
      i found a place that sells them i still want to get them widened but it will look better than the aveo steel

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you should be able to find a set already widened on a german vw forum? or even ebay.de?