•  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sexiest drop

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      You talked about a turbo kit? is that for you aveo??

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveohotrod
      3 coils cut on all 4 corners. Rides decent with no bottom out. I traded the Enkeis for a turbo kit at the end of summer. Have a set of Acura Integra sawblades on it now. And yes, the wheels were discontinued in 98 and are almost impossible to get. It took three months of refinishing, sanding, painting, clearing, and color sanding for them to look like that. 00-02 Cavalier coilovers will work with a bit of cutting and welding to the body and perch. Got em' but haven't installed them. Took time to tear the engine down and rebuild it getting rid of the 06 electro crap and going to 04. The last site sucked ass. At least you folks here have a few decent threads on actual modding. I've got a DelSol project taking my time and money so this car is my DD. If you folks have any questions about the stuff I've done or have on the car, just ask. Its not rocket science, just Korean.

This is the pic after the other 1/2 coil was taken out. Total is three.
      sweet he is back....thanks for posting...now with the coilovers, what parts do you have to cut and weld and is it in the front or back?

so the picture you posted has 3 coils cut? so this one:

is with 2 1/2 coils cut?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      I still think the Diameter of the wheel assembly is too small....Perhaps a 205/50R16 would be nice. But upgraded brakes would be needed....and a recalibration of the speedometer also.
      actually it is bigger than stock...http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit
      use this site to calculate the overall diameter...the closest you can get to stock size is with 215/40/16 or 205/45/16

as for brakes...i think with a rear disc conversion with upgraded pads, fluid, and stainless steel lines the brakes will be perfect

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      I know, I was just saying the bigger wheels, perhaps 205/50R16 would look better.

None the less that drop is really nice and perhaps in 4 years I'll be able to do something with mine.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      That makes me wanna strip the kit off my car and drop it like that and put a lip kit on it.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      buy bigger tires and it will look more dropped :P
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thats quite similar to my drop, i cut 2 coils off some apex springs that drop the car for starters, its very low.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Turbo kit was sold 4mths ago to buy other stuff and the 'Sol. I bought a set of second hand RKSport coilovers off a guy who used them for a season. You have to cut (or grind depending on the body) the actual mounting bracket off of the body and weld on the Aveo mounts off of either your old struts or buy a JY set. You swap out the top mount that bolts to the top of the strut tower with the JY topmount (again, dependent on the type of CO you have) and its done. The rears look as if they will mount right up but will probably need a coil removed to compensate for the weight difference in the cars. I still need to finish up the welds on the mounts, grind, and paint em but I have got other toys to play with. It runs, drives and pulls hard as hell so I'm content for now. Plus I'm already a snow plow, don't need to go any lower!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      yaya aveohotrod is back! i love that dude. and uh.delsol's are the best car ever ,i love them good luck with it dude.

I bought the Sol for damn near nothing because its a rolling shell with a B16 sitting in it with nothing else. Trying to sell it but no takers. Looking to pick up a Fiat X1/9, Lancia, or 914 but my wife will perform another vasectomy on me if I bring another ****box into the drive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast