•  

Thread: Changing brake calipers

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Changing brake calipers

hey just a quick question i would like to change my front brake calipers to like brembo or something just to give it more appeal.

can it be done? is it gunna be expensive to do?(shouldnt should it?)

thanx for the input

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      kinkyllama would be the one to talk to about this. I would assume that you would need new caliper mounts (carriers?)... should be able to be custom built at any metal shop... would think around $200 for both sides "one-off."
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      Yea if you have custom brackets made you can make anything fit... It's basically just getting the brackets made and then purchasing a kit...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Actually, I saw performance brake calipers for the Wave in a catalogue at my dealer's... I'll drop by sometime to get the GM part number.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      In all honesty, it's really overkill for non "full race" application. Hell, the only guys I see running two or four piston calipers (on cars that didn't come equipped with them) in the NASA rally championship are the guys who have full sponsorship... and run full rallyspec evolutions, STis, and focuses.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      ok cool ill head done to a fabricators today and see what they can do.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      In all honesty, it's really overkill for non "full race" application. Hell, the only guys I see running two or four piston calipers (on cars that didn't come equipped with them) in the NASA rally championship are the guys who have full sponsorship... and run full rallyspec evolutions, STis, and focuses.
      I disagree, an 11" 2 piston kit still doesn't have the power to lock up my tires...not that I wan't to lock them but it's an example of braking power. There's a few times I beleive my 13" brakes have saved me from an accident. If your running factory tires then there's no point though. Also, on the track with my 13" 4 pistons I'll get brake fade after several laps even with high performance pads, but never with race pads of course. I don't see why people would need a full sponsorship to afford BBKs because most of them aren't very expensive. Here in AZ half the guys in the top half levels of just practice run groups have BBKs; even allot of guys in auto-x where you don't need anything better than factory most of the time.

Anyway, we can probably build you brackets to fit one of our Wilwood calipers but I suggest just going with a full kit. I'm guessing comletly here, but brackets/calipers to fit your factory rotors (if we can even do it) would cost ~$400 when you could go with 12.2" upgrade for ~$800. I know that's twice as much, but braking capabilitys would be like 10x better.