•  

Thread: please help me guys

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Unhappy please help me guys

hello everyone, i recently bought a Chevy Aveo 2010 from a used-cars dealer, i made a quick check on it and the mechanic said that i should change the timing belt (it has now 53,000 Kilometers on it) but i read in the maintenance book that i should change it when the car mileage is 60,000 Kilometers, and the car still under the warranty till 60,000 so should i change it now or wait till i take it to service on 60,000 kilometers and they will change it, i'm really scared because of the too much scary stories i heard about the timing belt, i don't know if the engine is damaged before the 60,000 will the warranty cover it up ?

another question, when i go into bump or a very little cracks on the street i feel i will loose control of the steering wheel, it just directly and fast goes towards the side of the crack on the road, there is no grip for the wheels, i don't know if i made it clear,

HELP ME PLEASE

Thanks
      put a complete timing kit in. this includes water pump, idler pulley, tensioner pulley and belt. the kit shouldn't cost more than $180. its not that the belt break do to wear. but most break do to the idler pulley coming apart. just changed mine and the idler pulley was cracked down to the bearing in 2 places.

as far as the handling. what you describe sounds like a ball joint.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you have the 2010 Aveo and it comes with the "ECO TEC" engine then you are not due for a timing belt change until 100,000 miles or 160,000 KM. You can check your timing belt replacement in your owners manual.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Qatar, mexico and most none north american/euro countries did not get the ecotec in 2009.

Thanks

Angry

thanks for the replies, this is the engine photo i took it today, i'm thinking not change the timing belt till it reaches the service time on 60,000 kilometers, and if it fails i will claim chevrolet to repair the damages because it is still under warranty, i hate aveo the steering sucks and everyday i hear a sound from a different place, Jesus !
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      That engine the timing belt is replaced at 60,000 Mile / 100,000 KM.

Thanks
      well thank you so much guys for this information, the last question, when i bought i took it to chevrolet service center and they replaced the tires and the 2 frontal wheel rings, they said the steering will be better, but whenever i go above 50/km/h all the car starts to shake, and the steering wheel too, what is the problem <?????

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      it sounds like unbalanced wheels. But you need to verify things, first without blaming its design, verify that it is in proper order of its design, that it has never been wrecked, has a straight k frame and is aligned properly. Also verify the wheels are not bent. I dont know what the 2 frontal wheel rings are... but if you mean rims.. good. did they balance them?

If the shaking transfers to the steering it is most likely something shaking at the wheel, through the steering components. If the wheels check out, then go to ball joints, and tierod ends, and then inner tierods. Just have them checked, replace if necessary.