•  

Thread: Need info on stock rims & tire sizes

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Need info on stock rims & tire sizes

Hi everyone. My 21 year old daughter bought a used 2007 Aveo5 last year and it has aftermarket tires and rims on it and did not come with a usable spare.

A few months ago she hit a pothole that bent the rim and she went a week without her car while she had the rim straightened and ever since then we have been trying to find a tire to use as a spare but the local rim shops say that the size rim that is on the car isn't manufactured anymore??? For anyone curious the tire size on the car now is 205/45ZR16 87wxl

Two days ago she hit something in the road that caused her to have a flat and with no spare she ended up having to leave her car at a gas station overnight and she ended up having to spend $95 on a new tire.

Now she is fed up with these rims and odd tire size and she wants to replace them all with steel wheels that would be just like stock rims along with a good spare or donut.

I would greatly appreciate any info on what size tires or dimensions of the wheel or whatever I need to look for when buying new or used wheels to replace these things with.

Thanks
      Stockers on the base models is a 14x6" wheel, with a 4x100mm pattern if im not mistaken. The LT models have 15" wheels, and the decal below the driver door should list what was stock on the car. All wheel/tire combos are still available as they apply to many makes and models of the era. The larger the wheels, the harsher the ride will be. Check your local wrecking yards for a used set. and I think the stock offset is 42mm going from my lousy memory.