•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My shoes

Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      Actually what I'm talking about are just regular lowering springs, they are just from a different manufacturer, they cost about $20 more but I'm still going to get them.
      yeah but the way youre cardomain sounds, your wanting to make the best buys you can. im curious as to how much the coilovers cost myself before i go buy some lowering springs

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I wouldn't reccomend getting coilovers due to the fact of how much effort it takes to change their height. Coilovers (in case you arent aware about what they are), are a combo of springs and shocks in a full replacement system.

The main advantage of a coilover is the ability to freely adjust the ride height from 0" to depending on the model about 6" or 7" whenever you want, so if you want a comfortable ride you can set it 0" or 1-2" lower, and for a show you can drop it 4-5".

The main disadvantages are that one: Are insanely expensive due to their complexity, an average one can cost about 400 -each-, uninstalled of course. And two: Take quite alot of physical labor to adjust the springs each time, in order to raise or lower coil overs, you have to remove all four wheels (meaning you have to jack your car each time), and individually adjust each one exactly the same distance each or you will have quite an "interesting" ride.

Lowering springs are simpler, cheaper, easier and quicker to get put in. 200$ for the set is pretty much the standard, but there are better types, using different metals, sizes, strengths ect.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      I don't really think I should keep it a secret from you all, cause you guys might want to rethink about how "rare" lowering springs are, this is the place I am going to get mine from:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... 20%2D140&N
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      get ready for a rough ride... H&R's might be the way to go.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      If you are the kind of person who believes what they see right in front of them to be the truth then I think I might have to give you a warning my friend

Those aren't the "actual" springs for the car, read the little type below the picture box. "Actual part may vary", besides any honest company who knows 2 cents worth of cars would actually look at what kind of springs their product would replace, and design a part to do the same thing just differently.

Also I am a very cautious shopper so I'm going to call them soon and get some more info about it before I buy it.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      just cause they cost more doesnt make them better because if thats the case I'll sell you my used H&Rs for $250 lol

Whats the drop with these? As for the ride, I have a buddy that had Eibach's on his probe and he said they were way too harsh......just a heads up.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      If you are the kind of person who believes what they see right in front of them to be the truth then I think I might have to give you a warning my friend

Those aren't the "actual" springs for the car, read the little type below the picture box. "Actual part may vary", besides any honest company who knows 2 cents worth of cars would actually look at what kind of springs their product would replace, and design a part to do the same thing just differently.

Also I am a very cautious shopper so I'm going to call them soon and get some more info about it before I buy it.
      OK Mr. Cautious shopper...Talk to a few distributors and see what they reccomend...4 out of 5, if they aren't hard up for business, will point you to H&R's, even if you have to wait a little while for them to come from overseas...maybe you'll make those calls before posting your pick next time and looking like you don't do your homework...
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

has anyone heard how the intrax springs perform?

Thanks
      I took me 2 hours a day over a 4 day period to search through books at the place I bought my wheels at. I am a very patient shopper, so I like to look at all the options before I make a decision. I was thinking the Eibach's because they are pretty well known in racing so they have some credibility, I was just saying mabye not the H&R's because I don't know of anyone who races with them.

But I looked around today and I decided to actually get the H&R's just because they are available, and H&R specifically makes springs for the Aveo and still does. Thanks for the heads up though Ron-E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast