•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody know what wheels these are?

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

anybody know what wheels these are?

I bought these at a local garage sale for $50, they came with 2 mounted Toyo Proxes fz4's at about 80% and 2 brand new unmounted FZ4's. They are 17" Enkei's but I'm curious of their actual model name/number. I am going to have the other 2 tires mounted but I really want to know what they are cause I'm pretty sure I'm just going to post them on craigslist or ebay so I want to know what to post them as. They are chrome so they're pretty heavy and on top of that they aren't really my style so I won't be putting them on my LS sedan. I only bought them because the price was right for some Enkei's. These things are in almost mint condition, they don't have any curb rash or anything, they were very well taken care of so even though I don't like them I couldn't pass em up.

any ideas?

thanks guys

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: anybody know what wheels these are?

your sure they're enkei's? Doesn't look like their usual products, might be a japanese knockoff or something...either way I can't find them anywhere online. Hope someone else can be more helpful

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

that is an awesome deal you got, they will look awesome
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Thanks

Enkei has never made a 4-spoke rim to my knowledge... and every Enkei rim I have ever had (about 3 diff types) has always had the Figure 8 logo...

Sorry bro, but no Enkei's there...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

well, the people selling them didn't say they were Enkei's, they were just some wheels that have been sitting in their garage for years and they warned their son they were having a garage sale and to get them if he wanted them, well he didn't. It is the back of the wheel that says enkei and I am pretty sure they are true enkei's. You can see the quality of these wheels, they aren't cheaply made. It's very high quality(looking anyway)

(I'll clean/polish the back too after taking that pic.. it needs it )

Enkei used to make wheels similar to this, I remember back in like 95-96 time frame, enkei was all about looks/chrome, they later got into performance type stuff. I mean if these were some knock offs of wheels that Enkei never produced, I doubt the company making them would stamp Enkei on the back

like I said, they weren't sold as Enkeis, and when I bought these things you couldn't see the slightest bit of shine. Theses things have been sitting for years and you could tell. They were dull, extremely dusty, and I knew it was going to take some work to bring them back to life but I pulled out some polish and my buffer that never gets used and this is the final product. I am amazed at how they came out, and finding out they are Enkeis and that there was no curb rash or anything on any of the wheels. Not to mention the tires, 2 at 80% and 2 are brand new, they are Toyo Proxes FZ4 205/40ZR17 so I mean, even each tire is worth more than I paid, they are basically the same tire as the Proxes4, just an older model of them. If you guys can't find the model name/number of them, it's no biggie though. I've even tried a (don't laugh) Honda forum since I knew there was a lot of traffic on that forum and they have a wide variety of people that like different styles. I assure you I don't own a Honda though so don't bash me this is my other car http://www.sdnclan.net/serprise/cornut.htm

on the back they have the Enkei logo followed by Enkei and in other areas this is what I see. I don't know what this stuff means, and when I do a google search I get results from the stuff but it is always pointing to various wheels, like those #'s are more of a universal thing that matches a lot of different styles of rims

17x7.5J
      ET36
      EI142

thanks for looking guys, just sucks I can't figure out what these are

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CorNut
      I doubt the company making them would stamp Enkei on the back.
      Not to mention the tires, 2 at 80% and 2 are brand new, they are Toyo Proxes FZ4 205/40ZR17 so I mean, even each tire is worth more than I paid, they are basically the same tire as the Proxes4, just an older model of them.
      thanks for looking guys, just sucks I can't figure out what these are
      Ummm, I'm sure they would...just like a fake Rolex or Sandisk sd card...it's the name that matters to most people...anyway...

you got 2 new tires at less then cost...and hey, who knows maybe they are real rims and will look good on your ride..
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Yeah I searched and can't find anything, like the above statement, you got all of it for less than half the price of one of those tires.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

well I am like 99% sure they are true Enkei's, it isn't like they were upselling me, they were on their lawn covered in tarnish/dust(they didn't even know what they were or claim them as Enkei's). I mean that stamp on the back of the wheel is way different than a glued on plastic or painted/printed rolex badge or a sticker on a memory card. I also realize that I got an incredible deal, that isn't what I'm trying to ask, I just want to know what I have, know what I mean? I could care less if they come back as some knock off Enkei's that aren't genuine(I doubt that is the case but even if it was I wouldn't care cause they are worth every penny), but I don't care about that, as long as I know what they are.. if that makes sense? I really do appreciate your guys'/gals' help though. Hopefully somebody who is better with google than me comes along and can find what they are. I even looked at some of the wayback pages and it is like half of the images dont display for me and these are probably in that half

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I just got a bright idea... I called Enkei and they gave me a number that I can call and they should be able to figure it out but they aren't open on the weekends. I'll give them a call sometime next week. damn I'm smrt

Thanks

max weight 1650 lbs.? Dang for a Pinto?

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast