•  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: finaly got rims (UPDATED WITH POLISHED PICS ON PAGE 2)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I guess, I think that clear coat is ruined, and with all those spokes it'll be a lot harder than you think to sand them...might as well have them sandblasted...and then painting wheels is a lot harder than what I thought, I've seen it done perfectly before then have it ruined when the tires were put on because of the machine to balance and mount the tires. I'm not saying its a bad idea, I just dont think you know how much it will take to get those to look halfway decent.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      you should just do them all black....also id be a little weary of damage from the heat of the fire messing with structural integrety

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: finaly got rims (with pics now)

Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      so here is the story of thouse bad boys, they were on display in a tuner shop, but the shop burned down, and the only wall that was not touched by the flames are the wall with the display on it, so they were not directly toched by fire, but were smoked to hell, but other then that they are brand new, and never seen the road. took me half a day to clean them, could of done a better job, but the clear coat is not in good shape, so i might send them down and paint them.
      OK, so I'm not an expert or anything...but just because fire didn't touch them, they must have taken some heat...
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      so here is the story of thouse bad boys, they were on display in a tuner shop, but the shop burned down, and the only wall that was not touched by the flames are the wall with the display on it, so they were not directly toched by fire, but were smoked to hell, but other then that they are brand new, and never seen the road. took me half a day to clean them, could of done a better job, but the clear coat is not in good shape, so i might send them down and paint them.
      OK, so I'm not an expert or anything...but just because fire didn't touch them, they must have taken some heat...
      haha is there an echo in here

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      id be careful about the heat messin up the overall quality of the rim...

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      heat will make it stronger, but more brittle. The rims won't bend the way it was originally designed to. The only way to find out if they are still good is basically trying them out. You should inspect them carefully once in a while for cracks.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      im gona sand them down this week, hopefully geting a set of tires this weekend, and will go from there.
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      haha is there an echo in here
      LOL...I guess I should have been more specific...

what I was trying to say/ask/comment was that even though they weren't directly impinged upon by the flames, they must have taken some serious heat and I wonder if the metal was compromised...

that being said...I know breaking produces a significant amount of heat, but that heat is dissipated by ambient air temp simply cooling them.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      They look like Jet engine turbines... COOL. These guys may be right on the 'heat' thing. Maybe you could take them to a tire shop, and run them on a balancer, see if they're warped. If not, you got a deal. Pitting may occur if you sandblast 'em, so try a chemical bath. Or, just douche them in carb/brake cleaner, and wet sand/wash them down with some light steel wool. Primer them up, and BOMB CAN those bitches!
      Lay down at least 2 coats glossy clear, and that'll really make 'em shine!

Thanks
      Don't paint them, they'll chip like a mofo... powdercoat is the only way to go...

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast