I'm not liking the stock tire size of 185/55R15 for my girlfriend's 06 Aveo hatchback for several reasons. First off, it's a pain in the ass to find this tire size at stores and discounttiredirect.com only has two available tires in this size. Second, I'm hoping the added width will help somewhat during the winter and allow for more stability driving over bumps and potholes. Lastly, it seems that we are buying new tires more often than not, and I'm wondering if this is due to its small diameter. The 195/60R15's are 1.2" taller resulting in a 43.46 less revolutions per mile. While this does not seem like much, at 1000 miles it nets a reduction of revolutions of 43,460, at 10,000 434,600 less revolutions. Seems like an interesting solution to get more life out of my tires no?

The difference in speedometer's reading is negligible at ~ 3 miles traveling at 65 miles an hour and a difference of ~ 1.8 miles traveling at 35 miles an hour. We can live with those differences. Also, the taller tire size is much cheaper than the stock size which is always a plus!

So anybody running this size? Any input would greatly be appreciated!