Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air ride????????

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Air ride????????

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMDIT
      Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      very nice, what else is done to the cutlass
      Thanx....lets see here, what is done? Well, the obvious, chrome 18's and the air. Custom paint, tail lights are shaved out of it and relocated in the reverse light bar. I have black interior instead of the white now with all 4 bucket seats. The "olds" logo is shaved out of the front bumper and smoothed, it has an in dash tv in it, and probably some other stuff that I am forgetting.

I plan on someday giving this car to my son. He is only 14months right now but I never intend on getting rid of it. I have cruised it for a couple years now the way it sits and this summer was the last time it will see daylight for awhile. I have it in storage and probably won't touch it for the next several years.
      I have another cutlass droptop (actually it's the wife's) that will either get air ride on it or just slammed on some 20's. It will be out in the spring with some paint and interior stuff.
      My main project right now is my 56 Bel air sedan. I am hoping like hell to have it streetable by summer. It too will be on full air ride and I plan on dragging the piss outta it.
      If you can't tell by now, I am hooked on customizing vehicles. I don't own anything stock right now. My wife thankfully loves cars as well so she doesn't mind that I have 8 cars.
      I don't wanna come off as some big-headed car builder though, I am just a county guy who has a shop out back and several buddies who like to work on cars. It's a fun hobby, there is always one of us doin something to one of our rides.
      My motto is "stock sux, cut it up!"

-Sean
      i sure u hope u touch that olds every once in a while, like starting it once or twice a month, otherwise that car is supersex!

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Oh don't worry, it will still get started once a month or so and get an oil change once a year, just for good measure. It still remains to be seen if I can really leave that car alone for a year. I have stored it every winter but driven it some in the summers. The only chance I won't have to get it out is if the Bel Air gets done, otherwise I won't be able to take it!

-Sean
      2008 Aveo5- Crushed, debadged, tinted, more on the way

1994 Cutlass convertible- Bagged on 18's

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      if it was a blue hatch then you are correct it did have bags.
      a company that manafactured air suspension products bought a aveo hatch, shaved the door handles, installed the razzi kit, through 18"s on it if i remember correctley. and then they installed there aveo air bag kit, the kit sold for about 2 grand and was almost a bolt in item. since then the car was sold on ebay, and then the company discontinued the aveo kit because no one was buying it. i tryed contacting the company and they gave me no answer other then sorry. but if people are interested in baggin there aveos it can be done, you would need to fab up some cups/brackets for the rear, and then buy some universal strut bags for the front, then those would have to be modifed. having a bagged vehicle is awsome but as a daily sometimes irritaiting .
      http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1012775035.html
      Its for sale on Detroit Metro Craigslist
      08 Hatchback

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loose
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      if it was a blue hatch then you are correct it did have bags.
      a company that manafactured air suspension products bought a aveo hatch, shaved the door handles, installed the razzi kit, through 18"s on it if i remember correctley. and then they installed there aveo air bag kit, the kit sold for about 2 grand and was almost a bolt in item. since then the car was sold on ebay, and then the company discontinued the aveo kit because no one was buying it. i tryed contacting the company and they gave me no answer other then sorry. but if people are interested in baggin there aveos it can be done, you would need to fab up some cups/brackets for the rear, and then buy some universal strut bags for the front, then those would have to be modifed. having a bagged vehicle is awsome but as a daily sometimes irritaiting .
      http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1012775035.html
      Its for sale on Detroit Metro Craigslist

Wow, seeing that thing makes me wanna bag mine bad. Scary part is I have everything but front bags to bag another car. hmmmmm.......
      2008 Aveo5- Crushed, debadged, tinted, more on the way

1994 Cutlass convertible- Bagged on 18's

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

How far are you from Toledo? And that Cut is ballin'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981