•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 16's or 17's

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Quote Originally Posted by o4aveohb
      17's this car is basically show, itll never be fast.
      http://www.westerndriver.com/default.aspx?ID=143 <--- third OVERALL... vs modified 4wd STIs, evolutions, etc... in a STOCK aveo.
      The car isn't fast, rally is about speed as much as it is good maneuvering, and quick thinking. Thats one race where an aveo did decent. probably because it has a good turning radius. We all know including yourself, this car is downright slow, ~105hp at the crank is nothing to brag about. If you modify it, such as turbo..ect. then you have a reason to worry about wheel and tire size, as it is now stock..you shouldn't even worry about it the difference won't matter UNLESS your doing something like rally. overall, the car looks good, and much better with 17's, but 1" smaller wheels won't boost the very little amount of performance this car already has.

im going to run the same style wheel front and back except 16" in the back and 15" in the front to give room for nitto nt555r radial drag meats i think they are 8" wide i forgot what tire size it was

Thanks
      drag radials?

i guess im the only one that knows of these, but i definitely will get a set of two to run on the track and at rivergate once my car is ready

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/205-55-1 ... enameZWD1V

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty
      i guess im the only one that knows of these, but i definitely will get a set of two to run on the track and at rivergate once my car is ready

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/205-55-1 ... enameZWD1V
      I dont know anything about drag racing, so I dont know how big of a difference they'll be with drag tires and roadracing/auto-x tires but those seam wayyyyyyyyyy over priced. Falken azenis, by far the most popular and the fastest street tire that isn't stupid expensive is probably $85ea in that size, they aren't as soft but will last 2-3x longer and you can drive them on the street without worrying. I've put 30k street miles on a few sets.

Also concerning weight and wheels and size, if you know your car well then you'll notice a huge difference. I noticed a difference between my 16s and 17s and my 17s were only 1.2lbs more each, then the weights more on the outside where it hurts. Accelerations where I noticed it the most, when I had stock brakes they'd fade so much faster, then you notice it the least in handling.

its a very soft compound tire, if you read the page life expectancy of the tires is about 16000 miles. they are the "swap the two front tires for racing" and drive to the track kind of tires, radial only so they are street legal

thats about right price for 2 racing slick tires, plus they are one of the biggest sellers for FWD street cars who run high hp and want slicks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      its a very soft compound tire, if you read the page life expectancy of the tires is about 16000 miles. they are the "swap the two front tires for racing" and drive to the track kind of tires, radial only so they are street legal

thats about right price for 2 racing slick tires, plus they are one of the biggest sellers for FWD street cars who run high hp and want slicks

hey! i never said i was getting them now but i am working on a turbo build and it would be worth it after that is done.

Thanks

16k mile is very high for those wheels. I couldn't get 15k miles out tires with twice the tread rating (stiffness) of those, but I drive like a bat out of hell always.

I actually realized what tires those were, the ebay auction calls them drag redials so I didnt realize it, they're pretty good. If you want a bit better bang for the buck I still recommend the azenis, though not nearly as fast...but you can safly drive those everyday but it gets expensive. They're about $85ea in that size.

Also I hope your not using a 8" wide wheel for 205mm tires cuz thats way overdone, esp just for drag racing wheels I dont think the width is all that import. I'm not a drag racing but I'd think you'd want the wheel/tire to be square with each other so you can run as little psi without the tires falling off

so umm since they dont make that size tire anymore for kumho...what tire is reccomended then to get for the wheels i want?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast