•  

Thread: Tweeter

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Tweeter

I have a 2007 aveo hatchback and am working on getting better sound so i am thinking about getting some tweeters but i dont want the wires to be showing nor do i want to drill or screw anything to ruin my dash or other panels. Where is the best location and technique to mount a pair of tweeters. Its just that the speakers in this car suck and i want to get more foreward sound cuz most of what music i hear comes from the back and it sounds like crap. Please help me any advice will be much appreciated.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Tweeter

I don't see mounting anything without adding a few holes. You could shop a junk yard for the part you would want to drill and keep yours as clean spares. I was just talking to an audio guy about this a couple days ago. I originally though about the trim to the side of the windshield. The audio guy informed me that it would actually not be the best location due to not being in range of my hearing. I then considered the head liner as a possibility, but I myself am not sold on that. The door panels are always an option, and you have to pull them if you want to get rid of that little 4 inch speaker anyway. I'm still working on this one myself, but unfortunately I don't know any locations that won't require drilling.

Good luck.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.