•  

Thread: Replacing speakers

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Replacing speakers

Without going all crazy with amps, subs and stuff and since my Wave is a lease (for now, don't know if I want to buy it) I have a little question to the audiophiles here.

If I were to replace the speakers in the doors and in the back with:

6 1/2" 50W RMS for the doors and
      4x6" 40W RMS in the back

Would I need an amp? These speakers are really cheap and my main idea is that the "Real RMS value" is much lower....

Still would I need an amp? They say that they are great replacement speakers on the box these are two way speakers also. I just want to improve the sound a little, not really make it louder.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      well, you get what you pay for. You will get a little better SQ and it won't be aa big draw on your stock reciever having such low draw.
      To get a good sounding system and still being able to roll back to stock very easy
      # Take out stock speakers and headunit.
      # Get a headunit adapter to plug into the stock wiring, but dont hookup thespeaker.
      # Using the headunit outputs for audio run new wire to the stock speaker locations.

This way everything unplugs and you only leave speaker wires that no one will notice until the next audio install
      With this setup you can get good speakers powered by a powerful headunit, like Infinity Speakers and Alpine Headunit. YOu can easily add an amp later if you like, its a really simple process.

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      kirby is correct if you replace the headunit and run the speakers off of an amp you will get better SQ. There are many speakers at all levels of performance from bad, good, great....So lets us know what you want and we can help point you in the right direction....
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Sweet. Yeah Kirby has a real good point. I wanted to keep the stock headunit that's why. Since I'm paying for it might as well use it. If I can get the code so when I put it back in I won't have to be ripped off by the dealer.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.