•  

Thread: Pleased with my Insignia Deck

Pleased with my Insignia Deck

Before christmas I bought a Insignia CD deck. I have been very pleased with the deck and wanted to post my feelings.

Here is the weblink to best buys website

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 1762608953

My bought this deck simply because of the MP3 capability. I like the CD mp3 option but was really impressed with the USB key and SD slot. I have to drive an hour one way every freeken day, I need something to keep the boredom at bay. I will grab my USB key and throw on a new mix about once a week and listen on the daily work drive. When you have ADD like me, music is cheeper than drugs.

I did some research on the net and this is a store brand.

It took about a 3 hours to install the deck. About 30 mins for the wiring and 2.5 hours for four stuipid screws.

The unit needed a metric screw at a short 5mm length. I could only get 15mm screws at ACE and had to cut them down with a dremal tool. I tried some other solutions before this and that increased the install time. If I had the proper screws the install should have taken 45mins.

I was impressed with the sound improvement over the stock speakers. I have replacment speakers, but have not done anything until I am ready for soundproofing/custom work.

I bought a stripped Aveo 5 and I thought the AM/FM radio sounded much worse than Britney Spears at 5kps. I was going to yank the stock speakers right away but was supprised at the nice sound with a new head unit.

Most of the music I listen too is compressed at 128kps. I am switching to 192Kps because hard drive space is cheep and it does sound better.

PROS.
      MP3 sounds good
      nice blue display
      rolling track/album text display
      Up/down folder buttons (beats pushing forward 30 million times to hear one song)
      USB Key
      On power off it remembers song/play time and comes back to the very instance you shut down the engine.

CONS
      I had to shut engine power down once at a light for a reset. (for the programmers out there, can we say lost pointer?)
      Top row of buttons to damn small
      Text/Icons for buttons too small to read (you need to remember each button)

Any question post on the thread and I will answer.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'll even go as far as suggesting 256 or 320kbps for your mp3s. Maybe you can't hear the difference...But I know I sure can.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.