•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with size of speakers in rear of 2008 Aveo5

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Problem with size of speakers in rear of 2008 Aveo5

Hi,

I just checked the stock speakers in my rear deck of my 2008 Aveo5 ls. they look to be 4X6. Crutchfield says that 6.5 fit in that location. I don't see how they could.

Please advise the corrrect size of the stock speakers in this vehicle. i am planning on ordering all equipment by the end of the month, now I don't know what speakers fit in the rear deck!

Thanks,

Viper

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: Problem with size of speakers in rear of 2008 Aveo5

the stock rear speakers are 4x6. I don't know if a 6.5 will fit back there, but they will fit in the front door with a 1" spacer, and a shallow speaker design, otherwise you cannot roll the window down all the way.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

if the 2008 has the same rear side panels as my 2007 then they are 4x6. I couldn't get the trim ring for my 5 1/4 to fit. It would have worked if I had left the speaker sitting exposed though. I don't think 6 1/2 would work at all..

Thanks

I bought some 4x6 for my aveo and i couldnt get them to fit. The way the bracket is shaped on the stock speakers was different from the aftermarket speakers. I just left them stock. Anyone else have this problem?
      Proud owner of a 2009 Aveo5!

Thanks

I haven't changed mine yet, not sure if I will or if I'm just going to put them in the tray.
      I did pull one out though and saw the odd shape of the mount, it kind of angles in at one end.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PittViper
      Hi,

I just checked the stock speakers in my rear deck of my 2008 Aveo5 ls. they look to be 4X6. Crutchfield says that 6.5 fit in that location. I don't see how they could.

Please advise the corrrect size of the stock speakers in this vehicle. i am planning on ordering all equipment by the end of the month, now I don't know what speakers fit in the rear deck!

Thanks,

Viper
      Are you sure you picked the right model? I believe you might have looked at a sedan layout. I'm sure their back deck would easily fit 6.5 speakers. Like many people have said here already - 4x6 is what goes back there.
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      if the 2008 has the same rear side panels as my 2007 then they are 4x6. I couldn't get the trim ring for my 5 1/4 to fit. It would have worked if I had left the speaker sitting exposed though. I don't think 6 1/2 would work at all..
      Quote Originally Posted by sharpeaveo
      I bought some 4x6 for my aveo and i couldnt get them to fit. The way the bracket is shaped on the stock speakers was different from the aftermarket speakers. I just left them stock. Anyone else have this problem?
      Yes, I know what you both are talking about sharpeaveo and matt, I had that problem. But there was no way I was going back from stock so I just snipped the corner that was in the way off (the speaker is held in just fine by the 3 remaining screws and it's not interfering with anything, you just have to cut/grind off whatever is in the way to fit them). On mine it was just a corner of plastic bracket with many different holes to fit different layouts of screws. Hope this helps.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Same on my 05. A 4x6 is not a direct repalcement. The sizing and bolt pattern are different than a true aftermarket 4x6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiteaveo
      Same on my 05. A 4x6 is not a direct repalcement. The sizing and bolt pattern are different than a true aftermarket 4x6.
      Like I said earlier, a little bit of cutting and they fit right in.... IMHO, it's better than staying stock.

Thanks

I bought my car with Alpine's 6.5 already installed so they do fit just not sure what they used

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skalvinek
      I bought my car with Alpine's 6.5 already installed so they do fit just not sure what they used
      yours is a sedan though, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast