•  

Thread: New additions

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

New additions

A few weeks ago a friend of mine sold me a set of Blaupunkt 6x9s that came with his Civic. and here they are.

I just thought I'd make a post detailing my experiences and future plans.

I was thinking about buying a privacey shield and fibreglassing these in so they are directed towards the center of the car. but I'm having trouble sourcing one out and I dont want to mess with mine. plus Im too lazy now.

But I did loosely install them over the past few days and just set them ontop of the deck which sagged alot due to the extra wieght. The tweeters sound really nice, and loud too. not soo much bass since they aren't boxed.

Im going to make some boxes for them in the coming weeks and wire them in better since i just shoved the ends of speaker wire into the OEM harnesses. but i took them out today and rehooked the stock speakers and there is a massive difference in quality.

A friend of mine who I work with suggested I put them in boxes soon and go to an upcoming SPL competition and enter into the noob class, he said I'd probably stand a decent chance at ranking pretty high. Im considering it.

I just need to figure once box them where should I put them. I could rest them ontop of the privacey shield and have it sag alot and possible reinforce it. or just set them beside the woofer(which by the way i need to secure so it will stop moving around) but I will loose abut of quality since they'll be behind the seats.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      When I put my 6x9's in the back I just picked up a black 5/8 inch mdf shelf from Homedepo, traced the privacy shield and screwed it to the lip that the original shield sat on. I had to use a couple bits of foam to get rid of squeaks, but it was really easy to do.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Is it okay to put these in boxes? because Ive been told by 2 people i know to build some boxes for them. But researching on the net I came across people saying that all 6x9s are made for open air. But these sound really weak in the open air. I made a really sketchy setup using a small bucket and the quality of the bass increased dramatically.

SO anyone else have knowledge or opinions?

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      i wouldnt worry about little speakers like these.....u want bass? get a woofer

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you want to get the maximum performance out of your speakers you should run them off an amp.

If you are considering an spl competition you will need more bass then a pair of 6x9's just fyi if you plan on winning.

A single high quality( ie Image Dynamics, Atomic, Bravox, OZ audio, O2 audio, Focal, Morel, CDT, Genesis, RE Audio, etc) 10" or 12" with a decent amp ( ie US Amps, Genesis, Crossfire, O2 audio, Oz audio, Audiopipe, Kole Audio, etc) would do the job wonderfully.

Just some suggestions, I hope this helps

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality