A few weeks ago a friend of mine sold me a set of Blaupunkt 6x9s that came with his Civic. and here they are.

I just thought I'd make a post detailing my experiences and future plans.

I was thinking about buying a privacey shield and fibreglassing these in so they are directed towards the center of the car. but I'm having trouble sourcing one out and I dont want to mess with mine. plus Im too lazy now.

But I did loosely install them over the past few days and just set them ontop of the deck which sagged alot due to the extra wieght. The tweeters sound really nice, and loud too. not soo much bass since they aren't boxed.

Im going to make some boxes for them in the coming weeks and wire them in better since i just shoved the ends of speaker wire into the OEM harnesses. but i took them out today and rehooked the stock speakers and there is a massive difference in quality.

A friend of mine who I work with suggested I put them in boxes soon and go to an upcoming SPL competition and enter into the noob class, he said I'd probably stand a decent chance at ranking pretty high. Im considering it.

I just need to figure once box them where should I put them. I could rest them ontop of the privacey shield and have it sag alot and possible reinforce it. or just set them beside the woofer(which by the way i need to secure so it will stop moving around) but I will loose abut of quality since they'll be behind the seats.