•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it difficult to install 6.5" speakers in the front doors?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by geoffny25 View Post
      Point is to know the diameter before taking the screw out...
      i dont think anyones actually cared anough to keep track of the screw size... i just took them out and used 4 self tapping screws and a 1" spacer and your all set..

if you want to know exact sizes and whatnot call GM or take it out other than that im pretty sure no one here would know the size

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Link-GC View Post
      Hello!, I have an Aveo Hatchback 2007, which front door speakers size is just 4" as you already know.

I read on this forum that a 6.5" speaker may fit if they are shallow depth and with an 1" spacer, although I didn't find any detailed info on how to install them.

I want to know if anyone of you have done this, and please tell me how did you make it.

I'm thinking of buying these speakers: Polk Audio DB651 along with Scosche SS65 1-Inch Universal for 5+-Inch or 6+-Inch Speaker Spacer (Amazon.com: Scosche SS65 1-Inch Universal for 5+-Inch or 6+-Inch Speaker Spacer: Electronics).
      Do you think this spacer will do?

Thank you in advance!
      I opted for 5.25s in my doors, I made my own 2 piece baffles though. using 3/4" mdf, i cut a piece of mdf to be the same rough shape as the stock speaker mount. I cut a circle out of the middle then marked where the 3 stock screw holes were, then used 1.25" wood screws and screwed the first portion of my baffle to the door. then I cut a second piece of the mdf for the actual speaker to mount to. I screwed the 2nd piece of the baffle to the first piece, then mounted the speaker. I have no issues rolling the window all the way down and no issues with door panel fitment. I know you are asking about 6.5s and I have 5.25s but you can do it the way I did with no problems at all. Hopefully this will help if you have not already found a way to mount your speakers yet

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      first time poster, long time lurker.

I guess I am a novice in regards to audio and 6.5 in the front of my 08 Hatchback. I have done numerous searches on the site and think all the ideas for this vehicle are awesome.
      My issue:
      I have tried to research the depth difference in the Polk DXi650 and the Polk DXi650s. I can't find a difference in depth for these speakers even though they both have 2 inches.
      My question is, should I be able to put the DXi650 in the front of my aveo with a one inch spacer. Does anyone know the exact depth to avoid? (ie over a certain size)

Thanks so much for the help in advance.

Thanks
      I ended up going with 5 /14 components JL c5's I would've had to cut the steel to get a decent 6.5 in the door. Even with the 5.25 I still get just the slightest contact on the speaker if I roll the window down all the way.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      i know my pioneers are 44mm which is about 1.75 inch depth and i get no contact with my windows. But from what i could see it was really close but never did make contact. 2010 aveo sedan by the way. I am using a 1inch spacer aswell.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by okcornjerker View Post
      first time poster, long time lurker.

I guess I am a novice in regards to audio and 6.5 in the front of my 08 Hatchback. I have done numerous searches on the site and think all the ideas for this vehicle are awesome.
      My issue:
      I have tried to research the depth difference in the Polk DXi650 and the Polk DXi650s. I can't find a difference in depth for these speakers even though they both have 2 inches.
      My question is, should I be able to put the DXi650 in the front of my aveo with a one inch spacer. Does anyone know the exact depth to avoid? (ie over a certain size)

Thanks so much for the help in advance.
      I've been running Polk Audio DB651's (non-slim mount) with a 1" spacer. They fit fine and don't interfere with the window. Keep in mind this is on a 2006 Aveo. The only issue I've had is that the molding on the inside of the door panel made a tear in the plastic foam thing that holds the cone to the frame of the speaker. My solution to that problem was to grind down the moldings that stick out.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hello the thing im about to ask may have been answered but i havnt looked though every post aha, But i have the 10 reg aveo and from the photos at the start of the thread the door panel is different but the mounting of the factory speaker is the same, will i still be okay with 6.5" speakers with the spacers or not, as im looking at speakers on a site were i got all my sound stuff from and the depth is 54mm ?? im confusing myself will they fit or not aha thanks

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveowego View Post
      I ended up going with 5 /14 components JL c5's I would've had to cut the steel to get a decent 6.5 in the door. Even with the 5.25 I still get just the slightest contact on the speaker if I roll the window down all the way.
      i have no problem with 5.25

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...o/DSC00211.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...o/DSC00214.jpg

how deep is your JL c5?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123