•  

Thread: Amp and Sub Instalation

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Amp and Sub Instalation

i have a 2007 aveo LS with a stock head unit does anyone know where i am suppose to put the signal wires from my head unit to the amp or if i need anything else i have rca cables but i think im going to have to cut them so they fit into my headunit unless there is another way to do it thanks for the help guys

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i think you really need to research.

type of amp, what connections it accepts, etc are all important.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      DO NOT CUT ANYTHING!!!

How much experience do you have with this?

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      if your stock radio does not have RCA plugs, you will either need a high end converter ( a little box that you plug regular speaker wire into and it converts it to RCA cables) or something along the lines of the JL Audio clean sweep. I have never dealt with the clean sweep but ALOT of people use them, it is an OEM interface that allows you to run RCAs for the amps. I personally have installed amps in friends vehicles using high end converters, they work good but dont give the best sound quality.

Thanks
      I'm about to do this too...

If your stock radio does not have RCA plugs, you will either need a high end converter ( a little box that you plug regular speaker wire into and it converts it to RCA cables) or something along the lines of the JL Audio clean sweep. I have never dealt with the clean sweep but ALOT of people use them, it is an OEM interface that allows you to run RCAs for the amps. I personally have installed amps in friends vehicles using high end converters, they work good but dont give the best sound quality.
      I know it probably sounds like a complete noob question but just making sure... I should splice the converter in with the rear speakers right? I've installed lots of Amps but never to a factory head unit. It's for my GF's car. She doesn't want to get a new Deck. I've tried to talk her into it, but she likes the stock so much for some reason.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      yes, with a high end converter (aka speaker line level converter) you splice it into the stock speaker wires for your rear speakers, then you will have RCAs to plug into most amps. another option, their are still some companies ( I dont know who they are off hand) that still produce amps with high end inputs, which allow you to plug speaker wires directly into the amp nstead of RCAs. going the route of a igh end (line level) converter though, does not produce the best sound quality. the best option to keep the factory head unit and not sacrifice the sound quality is to use a signal proccessor, like JL Audio clean sweep, or an Audio Control sound processor, their are several companies that make them. it is a proccessor that ties into the factory radio, allowing you to still use the factory stereo and stock (if not already replaced) speakers and they allow for easy add on of different products, and allow for easy add of amps.

Thanks
      Haven't signed on in a while... just wanted to say thanks paul and everyone else it worked out great and sounds great too.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      some amps will take speaker level input just splice the rear speaker wires to the amp's speaker level input,,,

get a double din deck, i suggest jvc kwr800bt, they cheap