•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp issues

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Amp issues

ok my friend has a sony 1000 watt amp as well and its really picky... sometimes its doesn't work either but then we figured out you have to make sure ( even if you have all your wires super tight and great connection etc etc) that you have the right wires. Some wires will only take so much... you have to get smaller Guage wires the more watts you run... if you have a skinnier wire(higher gauge) then the wire will heat up and could melt or stop working and could possibly be unsafe were ever you ahve it run throughout your car.... i have about 3000 watts in my car and my power wire is a 4 gauge wire and my speaker wire is 10 gauge so very thick wire but you need that bigger wire to contain all that power...I know this from experience with burnt wires and systems not working for my friends.... Now all my friends go to me to hook up there audio systems haha....i might open up a shop

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Hey Aveoamp are you running that 3000 watts RMS off of the stock altenator? You know it is impossible to do that with an 85 amp altenator and a 14 volt battery, right? P=E*I

If P=3000 and E= 14 then you need I to =214 AMPS!!! Just for the amps, not to mention the accessories and motor etc.

Not trying to be a smartass, just like real world numbers.....

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoAmp
      ok my friend has a sony 1000 watt amp as well and its really picky... sometimes its doesn't work either but then we figured out you have to make sure ( even if you have all your wires super tight and great connection etc etc) that you have the right wires. Some wires will only take so much... you have to get smaller Guage wires the more watts you run... if you have a skinnier wire(higher gauge) then the wire will heat up and could melt or stop working and could possibly be unsafe were ever you ahve it run throughout your car.... i have about 3000 watts in my car and my power wire is a 4 gauge wire and my speaker wire is 10 gauge so very thick wire but you need that bigger wire to contain all that power...I know this from experience with burnt wires and systems not working for my friends.... Now all my friends go to me to hook up there audio systems haha....i might open up a shop

thats what im figurin, is the wires are too small, its a 500W amp kit i bought originally. need to upgrade.

have been too lazy to checkother suggestions tho...sorry, thanks for the continued help tho!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

that could def. be it if your wiring is only rated for 500w...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

That or the subs may be wired for too low of an ohm load and the amp cant take it. The amp could be going into protection mode

Thanks

well, its no matter now. i just took em out.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Hey Aveoamp are you running that 3000 watts RMS off of the stock altenator? You know it is impossible to do that with an 85 amp altenator and a 14 volt battery, right? P=E*I

If P=3000 and E= 14 then you need I to =214 AMPS!!! Just for the amps, not to mention the accessories and motor etc.

Not trying to be a smartass, just like real world numbers.....

that makes sense and all but if you buy a bigger sub and bigger amp for example then your audio equipment will be louder i have not been limited yet by the power output in all the systems i have put together....either some part of hte equation is missing or were both oblivious to something ha

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Check your remote wire. I had one get pinched under the rocker panel trim and even though no wire was exposed it was enough to arc through and ground out the wire.

Obviously, besides that, check the connections at both the Head Unit (assuming it's the power source for the remote) and at the amp itself as well as any other splices you may have used in that wire.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aj_92rs
      Check your remote wire. I had one get pinched under the rocker panel trim and even though no wire was exposed it was enough to arc through and ground out the wire.

Obviously, besides that, check the connections at both the Head Unit (assuming it's the power source for the remote) and at the amp itself as well as any other splices you may have used in that wire.
      thanks for the advice but i yanked out the subs and amp and all wiring a while ago. just dont care enough about the audio to sit and worry about it anymore. THANKS THO!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12