ok so i have 2, 10 inch subs(think they are called Total Audio, some offshoot from JL audio) in my car. They are supposed to be 500 watts a piece and were originally powered by a 250 watt Clarion amp. I recently indulged myself in a slight upgrade to a Sony Xplod amp(1000 watt, 2/1 channel, w/ high level inputs which is what im using). Now i know the sony xplod subs suck but i figure the amps should be ok, at least for what i need it for. now when i had the Clarion hooked up, if i increased the bass too much at high volumes, the amp would kick out and would not come back on til the car was totally shut down and restarted. now i hooked up the Sony and WOW, i had some bass in my car finally, i mean, mirrors fuzzed over and my rear view mirror would fall off(i have a wide mirror that clips over the stock rear view, the actual mirror would not fall off, just the attachment mirror), seats vibrating like a mofo, car rattlin like hell-the works. but then a few days ago, i was listening to some music and all of sudden i lost bass. wtf? damn, i thought i solved this issue by buying a larger amp. so i got home, turned off the car, and then turned it back on after a few seconds to see if the subs would kick back in. and nothin. so i looked at the amp while the power was on in the car to see if the green light was on. and nothin. hhhmmmmm, i checked my connections on the amp, checked my remote connection in my fuse panel, and checked my in-line fuse under the hood. all good. i took the in-line fuse out to cut power completely to the amp and left it for a minute. returned the fuse back the block and and turned my car back on. still nothing. now im pissed and just go inside to try and think about what could be wrong and as it was getting dark out i didnt feel like ****in with it no more. the next morning i go out to my car to go to school and as i get rollin down the road i turn up the stereo and low and behold i have bass. seriously, wtf!?! now im really confused but i dont argue with it and enjoy it. then the whole scenario happened again. it kicked out for no apparent reason. and i cant find the culprit. then a few starts later i have bass again. now it done did it again. the amp wont turn on and i have no bass. anyone have any idea about this whole situation. like i said, connections are good and solid, all fuses are intact(even the ones on the amp), and the amp is bolted safely to the box. i have no idea what to do.

HELP!!!!

thanks to all who help.