•  

Thread: 2008 Sedan Audio

Thanks

2008 Sedan Audio

About 6 months ago I did my aveo up in audio. This is what I've got, thought you guys might be interested...

Equipment:
      KDC-x494 Kenwood head unit
      Tsunami 4 AWG wiring kit
      SPL 2200/2 Gorilla series amp
      2 Kicker CVR's
      Sound Ordinance enclosure
      BOSS audio 2 farad cap

any questions, feel free to ask. I'm willing to do a tutorial, if there isn't one already, for installing a system because its kinda tricky for the 08s

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      How difficult was it to enstall that head unit?

Nice setup btw

Thanks
      It was pretty easy, kenwood has a color coded harness, so it was just matching colors and sodering. To take the old one out was easy to, the only difficulty I had was with the antenna line for some reason it was really hard to disconnect. I can post a PC of the deck taken apart, like behind it, if you'd like.

Thanks
      That would be great, I am looking for a setup just like yours. I like the single deck with the space to put a phone or whatever underneath since these have very little storage room. Does your kenwood have Bluetooth also? I like to use my phone to ply pandora through wirelessly. My 08 sedan is my work/daily driver and I put in some miles so i like to have options. Thanks for help and ideas!

Thanks
      My kenwood doesn't have bluetooth but its Bluetooth ready. My aveo too! I drive her through the mountain pass in my home town to go to class every day, and I have the stock speakers and the kenwood makes the factory speakers shine when you dial them in just right, I mean I had my head unit about a year before my subs and its great. I got rid of the factory head unit because it didn't even have a cd player or usb, so my kenwood has, AUX, USB, and CD. so its great. lol If i where to go on crutchfield.com and look at their selection, they have this really neat feature called outfit my car and they'll show you all the head units that fit your car! and they include a wiring harness, and kit(which includes a antenna and plastic housing that fits in the double din), consequentially I didn't buy from crutchfield, so i had to buy the kit off of ebay, $50...

Heres the pics how to take the bracket off and what it looks like behind, the tricky thing about the 07-08 sedan is they have their very own type of harness, its different from the hatchback.

When you take that plastic bracket off put your flat head where I pictured.

There is four Philips head screws you have to take out for the head unit to come out...

Thanks
      Also, if you plan on installing subs, the 08 sedan has a useless rubber grommet that sits on the fire wall and is a great place to run your power wire, heres a pic...

Thanks
      This is very helpful, thanks. Exactly what I need. I haven't installed much since high school 10 years ago so hopefully not too much has changed. Looks pretty familiar. Thanks again!