http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Pontiac G3/Wave Sedan:

Local to North American Market = Win

Edit: Why is that stupid thumbnail still there?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Sidewinder; 04-25-2011 at 03:17 AM.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i wish i could find a set like that on ebay or something, if anyone in the states ever finds a set let me know, ill buy em from ya

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by oscare003 View Post
      ^true dat here in tx 2

there are ways around geting fault if you get rearended with tinted tails just so you know, ive talked to a few police officers, and yes tinting isnt legal but it doesnt always place fault, if the lights are still visible from the legal distance than the person that did the rearending is still at fault, also if you dont tint the 3rd brake light, then you still have a legal brake light, if its the LED one on the wing, your even better off.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      should have bought the hatchback

I thought they made LED tails for the sedan?

I would tint them if you cant find anything like rabbit said, might like the look if nothing else can be found
      the LED tails for the sedan look almost identical to what i have, thats the only problem with them, i normally would just throw some tint on em to give em a slight smoke look like i do on every vehicle, but the red ones stand out to me, which is why im trying to find a set somewhere

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by demon-hemi View Post
      there are ways around geting fault if you get rearended with tinted tails just so you know, ive talked to a few police officers, and yes tinting isnt legal but it doesnt always place fault, if the lights are still visible from the legal distance than the person that did the rearending is still at fault, also if you dont tint the 3rd brake light, then you still have a legal brake light, if its the LED one on the wing, your even better off.
      2. Inspect for and reject if:
      a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.
      b. Lamp is not securely mounted to vehicle.
      c. Lamp does not completely emit a red light plainly visible 1,000 feet to the rear.
      d. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.
      e. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.
      f. Lamp is not wired so as to be lighted when head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.
      g. Lamp is obstructed by any part of the body.
      h. Lamp lens is not red color.
      i. Lamps are not mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable.
      j. Lamps are not mounted on rear of vehicle.
      k. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.

lines d and h will get you for tinted lights wether it is head or tail. If some sort of accident occurs, it is usually the cops (person of authority) discretion to place fault. with that said, for the most part, police usually dont say anything. This info came straight from the rule book on doing a state inspection in the state of Tx

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      2. Inspect for and reject if:
      a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.
      b. Lamp is not securely mounted to vehicle.
      c. Lamp does not completely emit a red light plainly visible 1,000 feet to the rear.
      d. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.
      e. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.
      f. Lamp is not wired so as to be lighted when head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.
      g. Lamp is obstructed by any part of the body.
      h. Lamp lens is not red color.
      i. Lamps are not mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable.
      j. Lamps are not mounted on rear of vehicle.
      k. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.

lines d and h will get you for tinted lights wether it is head or tail. If some sort of accident occurs, it is usually the cops (person of authority) discretion to place fault. with that said, for the most part, police usually dont say anything. This info came straight from the rule book on doing a state inspection in the state of Tx
      i keep those along with many other DOT rules hung up on my shop wall, just so i know what laws im pushing or breaking when i build my show cars and trucks, but like you ssaid thats the inspection rules, and thats why i keep a spare set of lights around for when mr inspection comes knocking at my door each year

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      so oem would fail huh? the lens is clear. same as lexus, and many others.

rules are subject to interpretation, if there is a red reflector it should be 50 state legal. thats how hella smokes are sold and they are 50 state legal. their red reflector is about the size of a dime, and comes separate from the light.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      so oem would fail huh? the lens is clear. same as lexus, and many others.

rules are subject to interpretation, if there is a red reflector it should be 50 state legal. thats how hella smokes are sold and they are 50 state legal. their red reflector is about the size of a dime, and comes separate from the light.
      on oem, they have clear cover but the actual lens itself that the bulb is under is red and or amber depending on if it is stop/tail or turn. A good rule of thumb though (if in Tx), if a red tail or stop light can be seen as far as 1000 foot, your good. Which is why people can get away with aftermarket led tails. the red leds can be seen for 1000 foot or better (as long as they are red leds) without having a red cover. As for a reflector, as long as a reflector is visible its good on that aspect. just a reflector stuck onto the cover itself wont do any good with the visible aspect of red. Years ago, 12 years or so, when modifying hondas started getting big, everyone wanted clear lights and shops would sell customers the clear lights and tell them to install red bulbs and glue reflectors on to be legal, most reputable manufacturers would stamp on the box "for off road use only". people didnt care they just thought it looked good and the shops didnt care because they were making money, cops didnt do much as long as the red light was visible, in tx when it was time for the car to have a state inspection, drivers would have to put stock tails back in to pass then go home and put clears back in. In general, most people and law enforcement wont care as long as it lights up red.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12