•  

Thread: No love for the Aveo5? ('09 hatch aftermarket/custom tail lights?)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

No love for the Aveo5? ('09 hatch aftermarket/custom tail lights?)

I haven't had so big of an issue finding custom parts that aren't OEM replacement on my poor Mog.

I nearly rolled my car last week, the primary reason it did not was due to the low-profile of the Aveo5. I'm trying to thank my little moogle with a new pair of spiffy taillights, but for the life of me cannot find anything for the beloved hatchback...

Mog is a 2009 Aveo5 Hatchback with a happy motor and a desire to look as nice as it feels, but I can't find anything other than stock replacement taillights. I am no fabricator, and I know Mog is going to feel sad if I don't repay him for saving my life.

Never had so much trouble finding taillights, but I'm hoping one of you fellow Aveo fans can help point me in the right direction?

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I did a search for 2009 Aveo Hatchback taillights and BAM, nothing for me too. SO, there was so few of that body style compared to 2004-2007 body style there is nothing manufactured custom. Basically this is going to become a DIY project.

I recommend that you replace stock and customize with LED bulbs to change the look.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Welcome to the forum, Imsaffor!

Quote Originally Posted by Imsaffor View Post
      I nearly rolled my car last week, the primary reason it did not was due to the low-profile of the Aveo5.
      I hear you. With so many people buying SUV's, compact SUV's and "crossovers" with high centers of gravity, rollovers must be increasing. There was a relatively low speed t-bone collision near me last week, and the t-boned car flipped over. Care to guess whether it was a conventional sedan/hatchback or a silly jacked-up crossover?

So, if the tail lights aren't available, what's your next thought for your car?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      DIY only.. I am fitting mine with LED round panels within the circle of the taillight. We'll see how they turn out.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      That would explain my difficulty... I was expecting that answer but was hoping for a resource I wasn't aware of hidden on the internet.

Well thanks, I'll have to look into what I can do with my skillset. I know people give a lot of grief to them, but I've always enjoyed the Altezza design. Would have loved for something along those lines to exist. I may just check laws and see if I can't tint them as well.