•  

Thread: Hood Bra.....Any Problems?

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Smile Hood Bra.....Any Problems?

Hey all. I had one of the 'leather bras' on my Aveo when i first bought it, way back in 2006...it was a 'Wolf' hood bra. Ok..I had it on for like 4 months and long story short, it left an imprint in the clearcoat of the fabrics pattern that was on the back of the bra, it looked like a tiny checkerboard patterned 'melted' into the clearcoat.
      I managed to get the hood repainted by the SaddleMans company, that made the bra, it was the weirdest thing i ever saw. So i went to the acrylic hood protector, (that I have yet to see on any other Aveo to this day) ...my Chevy dealer had to get it from GM Canada, along with the custom bodyside moldings. They were both in the 'accessories' catalog, but turns out not available in the USA, I found out.

So I seem to be the only Aveo owner with both....at least in Ft.lauderdale. Anyway, the acrylic protector is now kind of getting dull and the black has faded to 'brownish', and I was thinking of going back to a hood bra. BUT has anyone else had the patteren imprint problem that I mentioned? Or was it a fluke or was it the 'newness' of the paint out of the factory? I never got an answer about that. BUT it has now been going on 6 years, I think the paint is dry by now....would a different bra maker be safer? OR has anyone found a US seller of the acrylic hood protector?? GM says they dont make it anymore, not even in Canada. I rather keep a rather 'rare' accessory on my car, does anyone else have it? I have never seen it on another Aveo,ever....or is the hood bra safe? So...anyone know where to get a new acrylic one, that lays down to the hood like the GM one? Or have a GOOD experience with a certain hood bra, no paint damage. Thanks all.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I have a LeBra brand pleather bra from eBay and had it on for 6 months. Took it off yesterday to toss it in the washing machine and ran the car through a car wash. No clearcoat issues but my car was bought in August 2007 and the paint has had plenty of years to fully cure and harden. Summer sun in North Carolina was not able to cause any damage either.

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cleako View Post
      I have a LeBra brand pleather bra from eBay and had it on for 6 months. Took it off yesterday to toss it in the washing machine and ran the car through a car wash. No clearcoat issues but my car was bought in August 2007 and the paint has had plenty of years to fully cure and harden. Summer sun in North Carolina was not able to cause any damage either.
      You can wash your 'Bra' in the washer?! The last one on my last truck was not washable, and it was a LeBra brand. I see you have a full front cover on your car, does the entire piece stay on good? A good fit? No flapping while driving? Well..I will have to look up the LeBra prices for the hood cover, and the full front face cover. Is yours an 06 to?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I prob should not have washed it that way but it came out fine. Was still slightly dirty but most grit was removed. Cover was $90 and it is a two piece as that allows me to open the hood. It fit snugly and never unclips from the frame while driving. My aveo is an 08 model.