•  

Thread: front emblem (how to remove?)

I'll keep it and add a turbo Kalos Princess's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

front emblem (how to remove?)

Does anyone know how to remove the front chevy emblem from the 2009 Aveo hatchback? I'm looking to paint the emblems black because I can't stand the gold against my tahiti green!!
      Thanks!

2009 Tahiti Green Aveo5 named Kalos
      Tinted windows
      Blacked out chevy emblems/license plate cover

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: front emblem

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Princess
      Does anyone know how to remove the front chevy emblem from the 2009 Aveo hatchback? I'm looking to paint the emblems black because I can't stand the gold against my tahiti green!!
      Thanks!
      I too have a 2009 "tahiti green" hatchback! (It's more blue than green, IMHO. We call ours the "Bloo Woo").

As I recall the front bow-tie emblem is recessed. I think that if you were to remove it, you will be left with a visible depression more unattractive than leaving it as it is. Hey, they modeled the whole front of the car around that big, ostentatious Chevy badge.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

If I had that model, I would repaint the gold area to match the car and leave the chrome trim around the edge.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Kalos Princess's Avatar
      Thanks

what I am planning on doing, is painting all the emblems black since that is kinda the accent color on the car. Eventually I will be doing black rims, smoked headlight (instead of the clear), tahiti green calipers, possibly tahiti green wiper arms and something coll looking for the interior as well. I am planning on putting the emblem back, just don't know if I am able to get it off to paint because I really don't want to paint it while on the car.
      Also, if any one has ideas, let me know! I would really like her to look nice once I put the effort in.
      XJCasper: that idea sounds cool, but I dont really have access to the paint. I didn't even get touch up paint for it. So, any color matching is on hold at the moment. Do you know of any good places online to get paint for the car?

Thymeclock: I think its more of a teal. Unless there is white light on it, then is definitely blue-ish. My boyfriend has a unique bright blue colored truck, and next to his mine looks Really green.That's what I love about the color, it changes with the light!
      2009 Tahiti Green Aveo5 named Kalos
      Tinted windows
      Blacked out chevy emblems/license plate cover

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

99% sure There is a set bolt behind it and tape holding it on but this is only from pictures on the parts system.