•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Pulling/Rolling

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Having seen your car in the train whistle videos, I personally like the wheels to the outside. Don't take this as insult, to me it give a toy look to the car. Now if that is not your intention, I would just remove the spacers.
      I actually like it with the wheels sticking out. If it were up to me, I would order my new rims (It's the same size) with a lower backspace so they stick out more so I can take the wheel spacers off, it would stick out almost the same. That way I can get rid of the wheel spacers. But I don't want to order expensive rims with a low backspace (5") and then the police start harassing me after I spent all this money on new rims. So I was thinking about running it with a high backspace (6") and leave the wheel spacers on and if I start getting harassed by police, just take the wheel spacers off and pull/roll the fenders. It will still have a wide wheel look but at least the tire tread would be in the car's fender. Knock on wood!

But I take that as a compliment! Thank you!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      thats about a -8 final offset. on a 10" wheel that means your sticking out about 1.4" more out back than me. the front is where the big problem is, your 2.3" out more than me.. and thats just rim edges, not taking tire choices into account.

In back I would say removing the spacer will let it fit. unless the rim hits inside.

in front, just taking out the spacer will solve a lot as long as the caliper clears. but that extra 1.05 inch might be tough.

the thing about pulling the fenders is you don't "flare" them out. you pull the whole fender along the bumper edge. (sometime requires unbolting the bumper and fender and spacing out the lower fender bolts. this adds clearance and will help match the bumper cover to the fender longer that just a flare.

ive searched multiple set of flares, even bought a few sets, none of them fit right.

the one thing you have going for you is the ride height is still up there.. its hard to be low and wide.
      If anything, I'm running 205/50R15 right now. I could always get 195/50R15. It might help me tuck the tire tread a little better! Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12