•  

Thread: Chameleon Paint Question

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Chameleon Paint Question

I was wondering if anyone has any experience on paint from paintwithpearl.com? I am looking for going with Chameleon blue, purple, green. I've gotten quotes for upwards of 5000 for paint and labor but I was hoping to find a cheaper yet still as good way to get the effect. Let me know what you think about the product.

"When a man opens a car door for his wife, either his car is new or his wife is new."

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Chameleon Paint Question

It's a cool effect, but not everyone knows what they're doing with pearl paints. 5K sounds about right. It's very hard to touch up if you ever get a scratch or something and if you ever have an accident and have to replace a body panel most likely the new paint on that one won't match your current "chameleon paint job".
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: Chameleon Paint Question

check into hot hues from dupont, and house of color. I don't know how you $5000 was split up, in paint and labor. but the materials for chameleon paint are ALOT more expensive and ALOT less forgiving, make sure you have a good painter.

the same "effect" could be done with a base color and then a pearl coat and then a tinted clear then cleared. but adding the layers together and paying for them is why the custom line exists..

Hot Hues has a lot of custom effects, I was factory trained in the line. Not that you will find a lot of painters who are, but it works like typical paint and is easier to use like the rest of their general line.

$5000 for an overall is a cheap deal depending on what you are getting for the money.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      That's alot considering you only need about 1 maybe 2 quarts here at bond paint you can get Ppg cammilian for 400 a quart then prolly 2-400 for the base and clear. And of you do do it take pics I wanna see. I had a lady at the body shop I worked at bring in her Tahoe with cammilian paint that someone keyed really bad but it was no worse blending it than blending a metallic just make sure your insurance covers it so if something happens then its covered btw she only spent 3k for her entire paint job so ya I would say 5 is way steep good lick!