•  

Thread: Boredom + Photoshop = Exterior Chop!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Boredom + Photoshop = Exterior Chop!

I had some time to kill the last two days but couldn't figure out what to do. I decided to crack out photoshop an create what I would imagine a 09 - 10 G3 GT would look like had Pontiac ever made it (or if I was in charge and made it). My one rule during this shop was that I either had to use parts currently available for the Aveo/G3 or that I had to use something that was feasibly possible to get to fit to the car. I also wanted to keep it sensible and not over the top, as most car manufacturers tend to do regardless. I haven't done a ton of these so this was practice for me so mind any errors.

I'm also not sure about the white accents, which I would apply as a tinted vinyl to the car rather than paint for ease of production and to create a wide range of colour choices. I have two versions one with and one without.

Now if I were in charge, I would have disc brakes all around with a fully independent rear suspension as upgrades that come with the GT package plus a lowered ride height. I would take the current engine as well that has vvt and turbo charge it to around 120 to 130 hp. Then offer a host of warrantied factory upgrades in a similar fashion to Scion. One can dream I suppose.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      Photochop = fun.

The white + dark grey / black combo almost makes it look like a G3 cop car

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i personally think an irs rear in such a light back end is a waste.. But i like he 3 legged dog handling characteristics.

Name:  Vw_autox.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  28.6 KBName:  399678366yvQsSC_ph.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  69.1 KB

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      Photochop = fun.

The white + dark grey / black combo almost makes it look like a G3 cop car
      I never really thought about that actually, I kinda did the reverse paint job that i have on my Lumi. Well sort of, my car is midnight blue instead of black and I love how it looks in different lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i personally think an irs rear in such a light back end is a waste.. But i like he 3 legged dog handling characteristics.

Name:  Vw_autox.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  28.6 KBName:  399678366yvQsSC_ph.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  69.1 KB
      Actually if it didn't have an IRS that would probably bring the cost down if it was produced. Tripod handling FTW though.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior