Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: when to change auto transmission fluid 06 aveo

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: when to change auto transmission fluid 06 aveo

Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock
      Quote Originally Posted by dragonwarrior2016
      Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo
      I have always been diligent when it comes to oil changes at every 3000 miles using Pennzoil 10w-30. I know that manufacturer specs call for 5w-30 but maybe I'm wrong doing that. I figured when it heats up to have something close to cooking oil lubricating my engine wasnt good. The transmission however is a different story. I do a lot of long distance commuting and now have 116K on the drive train and hate to admit this but the first time I changed my trans fluid was only 16K ago. I know thats real bad. I figured I'd never keep the car this long. I'd drive it, it would give up, I'd buy a new one. I've had it since new of July 04, and it still runs and drives like new. Who knew it would be around this long. Its long since paid off, doesnt owe me anything. No rust, body in great shape and no accidents or any major damage. Go figure. I'm on top of my Suburban because it does heavy service towing and winter use and well just because it cost 5 times the Aveo. Over the 6 yrs of ownership I've really come to respect this little car that I thought would be just a "throw-away".
      These little cars can prove you wrong everytime My mom chose this car over a Kia Rio for a Paper Route Car.
      There is alot different They don't stand behind the car the ten year hundred thousand mile warranty isn't worth the paper that it is printed. Alot of people who I know used to or trying to get rid of their headaches for example the transmission goes out at 20,000 and the Timing belt breaks at 25,000 and you would think they would honor the warranty.
      As I understand it, both the Aveo and the Kia Rio are produced in Korea. Other than personal preference for one over the other, what is the difference?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

I think it comes down to dealer reputations. The chevy dealer I bought my car from treats me the same regardless of what I own. Whether you have a 2004 aveo or 2010 corvette. They do all they can to make you happy.

Kia has to "grow up" like Hyundai did. I had all the same issues with my Hyundai 3 automatic transmissions in 40k miles. 3 sets of struts in the 60k and they needed replaced when I got rid of it but hyundai has in the past 10 years given themselves a new image. And are more respectable.

Kia dealers around here are usually not affiliated with larger franchise dealers (with multiple name brands). I think that leaves them with less clout against the factory and less revenue to fix it for you "to keep you as a customer"

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

I remember when Hyundai first arrived here. What a disaster those cars were. They practically fell apart by 20K.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

i will buy the $10 oil for my $1600 car

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      hey fellas, sorry to bump up an old thread, but since i recently bought my aveo i haven't had problems with it.
      transmission fuild is brown though.
      I wanted to do a flush but most friends and some mechanics advise to not do so.
      So i decided to just drop the pan, drain the fluid and replace filter.

I'll be using dexron III since that what autozone said the car uses. the manual says T-IV but people have just told me "same ****". which i know isn't a very proffesional answer. wouldn't hurt though right?
      havent checked on filters, or even if this car has one 'cause i heard that some of these have screens instead of filters?
      truth or myth?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      these trans do not have any filters.the flush is basically a dialases machine puts fluid in while draining old with car running.if you dont do this you only drain 1/3 of the fluid thats in there.i did mine when i noticed it was brown at 130,000km now i have 213,000km and no problems,flush your brown trans fluid your car will appreciate it

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i personally say stay away from dex3, but thats a can of worms im not going to open.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I have a 2009 chevy aveo lt, and i'm worried about my transmission, it surges before shifting when you take off, and my fluid is brown, hoping a transmission flush will fix the problem, also my check engine light will come on and stay on awhile, then go off awhile, then come back on, had a test done at auto zone, they said it needed fuel injectors cleaned, the car has 48 thousand plus miles on it.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Start a new problem thread. This already-long thread is 5 years old, and doesn't relate to what you're asking about.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456