•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trifecta vs Jet stage 2??

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Trifecta vs Jet stage 2??

I have had the stage 2 jet chip and yes it does add something- increased throttle response and passing times ARE noticeable, especially when chip is removed. I had a problem with my CEL since the install of my header. I have tried all kinds of bungs, extensions and whatnot. Only not trying big daddies mini cat I decided to go the route of trifecta after hearing of Pickles rants and ease of transitioning to his header. I ordered the tune December 3 had a laptop problem and sent them the required ECU read by the 16th. They were closed most of the second half of December, so I then received an email jan 3rd stating tune would arrive ASAP. Well.... I sent 2 inquiries as to the status of my tune and have received no response in 2 weeks, after 2 full months of waiting I actually requested a refund as I now have no tune and a $200 cable. The only judgement I can make on the 2 is that jets turnaround on my first faulty chip was less than a week with no BS, trifecta on the otherhand has yet to respond to my last 3 emails. Perhaps they are extremely busy?? IDK cus I have yet to hear from them, Im sure they are a decent company as they have many satisfied customers, but to wait this long I could have dumped $500 bucks on something else for the ride. If I actually get a response I will update, but to tune a turbo via emails your car will be down for 6 months

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Jeez...yeah...I had wondered why there hadn't been any update on you from it. Id be fuming calling everyday until I heard that some form of progress was made toward the goal that you paid damn good money for

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Man View Post
      If I actually get a response I will update, but to tune a turbo via emails your car will be down for 6 months
      Sorry to hear about all those issues...

But this is exactly what I tell anyone looking to tune a more complicated setup "via email".

You are at the mercy of them which can be good or bad depending on how much they like you, how much they care, and most importantly if they already have your $$$ in their hands!
      2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'd really like to see some track or dyno numbers before and after this maf sensor thing.

Thanks
      exist3nce Im glad u jumped in ... in unrelated issues would u care to post a thread on your knowledge of transmissions to fit these cars and axle combos or custom parts needed( D16,D20 etc..) u threw a lot of stuff out in a turbo thread and even though I don't agree 100% with everything I will admit u know ur sh*t so time to spread the knowledge u have gained first hand n help us out....

Thanks
      OK after requesting a refund, I once again got what seems to be an automated message saying orders are processed according to drivability issues and order in which they were received, and no mention of how to retrieve the $... hope its worth it.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Hondahunter's Avatar
      Thanks
      Making me 2nd guess using trifecta for my tune thankfully I have other options in my area and am giving serious consideration on just getting a local tuner to get everything working. I have also contacted trifecta with no response to see what other prep I should do to take the tune. I hope you get a resolution pooh
      Sorry officer... with all of your stickers and strobes I thought you wanted to race

Thanks
      I jumped onto the sonic forum because all I hear there are great reviews of trifecta, however trifecta sells its tunes thru others, I guesss bad news racing is rated pretty good, I went with the link off of trifecta to make my purchase thru WOT-Tuning/ Weller OBD tuning, and well ...I have nothing to show for it after nearly 3 months. Hunter I would seriously reconsider the piggy back method of either apex or greddy. If the service is this ****ty , why does trifecta associate with them?? I actually attempted to schedule dyno time for the comparison but the delays have the facility thinking I am full of***

I'll keep it and add a turbo Hondahunter's Avatar
      Thanks
      I'm taking the hp tuner route and doing a full ecu reprogram for the turbo setup
      Sorry officer... with all of your stickers and strobes I thought you wanted to race

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      i didnt have any sort of a problem like you. do you have a facebook? if so send vince geglia 2nd a PM on there, he owns trifecta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast