•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Timing Belt Compont Kit for 2009 Aveo ? When do I have to change it ?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      No changing the timing belt doesnt have to be at the dealership. In fact me and my dad are changing one right now for a 09 chevy aveo5 ls. When we took the covers off you see the whole timing belt. We think the timing is off because the the dots dont line up straight as it need to be. But fixing things take time so be patiences and always do your research on a different couple offical websites or go to a dealership or your auto parts shop to get a digram to see how everything connects.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Theres not many years after 09 they are discontinued at this point now its the chevy spark
      Quote Originally Posted by BOR MAN View Post
      And who said that Mr. Thomas in the U.S.
      On Aveo 5 <2009 there are 10 different engines

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Just changed my timing belt

I've just changed my timing belt on my

2009 Chev Aveo 1.6 Auto LS sedan KL1TJ5C62AB016902 (Serial I105654) (Engine F16D34570391)

I wont write up a step by step because thats been done, but rather ill write up what challenges i had.

First attempt was a big mistake, i ended up messing up the timing by slipping a tooth on the crankshaft timing cog. This happened because i did not have a impact wrench for removing the crankshaft pulley and i tried to jam the camshaft flywheels with a spanner and just pull hard and slipped a tooth. The timing belt tensioner will allow it to slip if its not done right. Now i know if it were a manual i could have left it in gear, and if i had taken off the starter motor i could have jammed the flywheel with a screwdriver, but i only found this out afterward. I suspected the slip but only confirmed it 2 days later when i took the car to a friend who has a pneumatic impact wrench. THIS MADE MY LIFE MUCH EASIER.

The second issue i ran into was not having the water pump adjustment tool. I was not able to fit any spanner or anything in there to turn that darn thing. So to put the new timing belt on and new tensioner i had to be patient and very slowly apply pressure on the tentioner to give me just enough slack to get the belt in place. This is not recommended to anyone. The tensioners are sensitive things and i think im just lucky that i got away with this.

But finally i managed to do it. I replaced the timing belt, tensioner, pulley, accessory belt, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, spark plug cables.

This all with absolutely no experience and youtube and the workshop manual.

Ive saved a pretty penny doing it myself. but also risked a large cost if my timing belt slip had been worse i could have ended up paying a lot of money to get that fixed.

Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 auto LS Sedan 2009 - Right hand side drivers - SOUTH AFRICA...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234