•  

Thread: Tach wire...?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Tach wire...?

I hooked mine up to the white wire at the coil, I think it's wrong, I haven't had time to run out and buy a volt meter (Daddy daycare).
      Do you know where yours is connected for your remote start?, if so tell me and I'l tell you a funny story about me, the car and the install today that I think is funny......now.

06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: Tach wire...?

It is a white wire in the grey plug on the drivers side at the firewall. No need to go to the engine bay. Test for an AC voltage, not DC, it will vary from 2 or 3 volts to about 6 VAC when the RPMs go up. Dude you need to get a VOM to do this install. You should be testing every connection before you make it. You can do some serious damage to the ECU or other components if tou apply ground where 12VDC should be or vice versa. And obviously stay away from the yellow loom, that is the airbag system, never probe or tap any wires in the yellow loom!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Tach wire...?

Bought a nice digital voltage meter the other day and have now tested all the wires, I'm glad you mentioned the yellow loom, I had no reason to mess with it but I didn't know to stay away from it.
      I'm getting help from an installer/AST friend tomorrow, hopefully that brings an end to the long drawn out install.

06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.