•  

Thread: Turbo Optra / Forenza - 237whp Tuning Session

Thanks

Turbo Optra / Forenza - 237whp Tuning Session

Hi guys, I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I thought I would give some encouragement to those working towards a turbo setup....... it is possible!

So its been a long time coming, but finally the 6 spd F28 is starting to serve its purpose!!!!

Went for a retune friday and we played around with the boost and meth injection so see how much power we could get with my current fuel setup.

Onto the results ......

We upsized the meth injection nozzle to an M4.

The most we could get while staying within a safe AFR range was 237whp / 224 ft lbs

The following graph shows the 3 boost settings I have for now.

low = 180whp
      medium = 195whp
      high = 237whp

However.... while trying to find the limit, we kept upping the boost and made 258whp, unfortunately not enough injector to keep it there

2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Thanks

Re: Turbo Optra / Forenza - 237whp Tuning Session

2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

what amount of boost are you running? seems like your spending a lot of money for decent gains

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      what amount of boost are you running? seems like your spending a lot of money for decent gains
      The boost curve is not linear...... it gets ramped up at higher RPMs to keep the torque from falling. for 237whp I start out at about 8psi then ramp up to about 11psi by redline.

Ofcourse this stuff isn't cheap man, the golden rule to cars......... cheap, fast, reliable ........ pick any 2, but u can't have the third.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exist3nce
      The boost curve is not linear...... it gets ramped up at higher RPMs to keep the torque from falling. for 237whp I start out at about 8psi then ramp up to about 11psi by redline.

Ofcourse this stuff isn't cheap man, the golden rule to cars......... cheap, fast, reliable ........ pick any 2, but u can't have the third.
      well i meant a lot of money for only 237whp

Thanks

Yes I would agree with you....... but thats the downfall of a platform like the Optra where there is little aftermarket support which means custom everything and no one really knows the limits until you try it out. If this was a Honda which has been done a million times before, for the amount of money I've put in, I would have had 500whp.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exist3nce

Yes I would agree with you....... but thats the downfall of a platform like the Optra where there is little aftermarket support which means custom everything and no one really knows the limits until you try it out. If this was a Honda which has been done a million times before, for the amount of money I've put in, I would have had 500whp.
      yea I was just thinking that...been browsing other manufactures forum too much and used to bigger numbers lol

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

its still the craziest and proly fastest optra, and original as F*ck

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!