•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand Alone System

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Stand Alone System

Has anyone tryed a stand alone fuel system there are some "universal" (Term used loosly) fuel system parts this may be what we need because with a stand alone system we could tune it and re map it ETC and we need it if anybody is still thinking boost Opinions?

FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Thanks

Re: Stand Alone System

Quote Originally Posted by Aveo_Tuner
      Has anyone tryed a stand alone fuel system there are some "universal" (Term used loosly) fuel system parts this may be what we need because with a stand alone system we could tune it and re map it ETC and we need it if anybody is still thinking boost Opinions?
      There isn't any tunning things involved with just fuel that I'm aware of, there are piggy backs and complete stand alones that you can tune the AFR with.

Also injectors are somewhat universal (like headlight bulbs..) and you can always put in a new fuel pump. I had to change the forenzas style injectors connector to fit my turbo injectors, I didn't end up going turbo yet and a leganzas injectors actually fit the same style. Also we just simply put in a 255 walbro fuel pump, have had that for nearly 20k miles and runs good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      There isn't any tunning things involved with just fuel that I'm aware of, there are piggy backs and complete stand alones that you can tune the AFR with.

Also injectors are somewhat universal (like headlight bulbs..) and you can always put in a new fuel pump. I had to change the forenzas style injectors connector to fit my turbo injectors, I didn't end up going turbo yet and a leganzas injectors actually fit the same style. Also we just simply put in a 255 walbro fuel pump, have had that for nearly 20k miles and runs good
      so usdm factory optra injectors will fit? do you need the rail or anything else?
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Thanks

so usdm factory optra injectors will fit? do you need the rail or anything else?
      I haven't an idea. You'll have to look into what style connector each car has and maybe even what voltage it runs at--I'm not really sure. My buddy just sold me some and said they'd fit the leganza style injector connectors

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      are you thinking of something like the SDS extra injector controller, just to add fuel under boost??

If so i've heard of a bunch of guys in VWs that have used it with great success..

Other route is an adjustable Hobbs pressure switch with a cold start injector from a Saab or older VW... The cold start injector basically just opens up when voltage is applied, no pulses required like other injectors. Tuning is near non existent this way, but i've heard of it working.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      i was talkin to a guy from south america and he used fuel injectors from a v-8 trailblazer. but that was it for his hfuel system. it was kind of pointless in the sense he doesnt eally have any extra fuel pressure to use them properly but if hes got plans for later then maybe its a good step forward.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Daniel and I were looking into tuning a Megasquirt Stand Alone system to work with the Aveo to then market the software for. It's easily the best overall Standalone system available.

As far as I know, there is nothing plug-and-play for the Aveo Engine Management...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      It's easily the best overall Standalone system available.

As far as I know, there is nothing plug-and-play for the Aveo Engine Management...
      +1.

and on the MS, one of the few (or only...) problems I hear about it is it adjusts too many things so it's not very friendly for the unexperianced.

Thanks
      That's very true... It is recommended to be tuned by a Dyno Shop... but it is an amazing machine... For under $500 you can't get anything like it...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      where are some good places to get a megasquirt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast