•  

Thread: Red top optima battery

Red top optima battery

thinking about buying one for my 04 Veo...what do you guys think? ill probably hook up the voltage and ground systems up to it as well

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I had a yellow top in my Subaru. Got it used from a friend after purchasing the car in 1998. The car had 83k when I bought it. I sold the car late last year with 230k and the same optima battery. The battery outlasted 4 engines...

Still thinking of getting one for my Aveo (04 as well). I have a Pioneer P5800MP, Sirius Tuner, Pioneer 800W Amp and 2 Pioneer Dual Voice Coil subs. Today the speedo almost went crazy on me. I was at a stop light tonight and I had Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" pretty much blasting out the stereo. (Pioneer stereo tops out at like 62 or so, had it at 52.) I pressed on the gas and the speedo jumped all the way to 50 then back down...

So I really need to get a new battery that can handle my stereo...and all the other demands of the car. I gotta get the main wiring upgraded though. That could help.

ya they dont mak a red top for our car i guess...that sux cuz i want a new battery for my system im putting in...and my alarm system and my new underbody kit...

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I had a red-top in my Ford Probe for 2 years, never a problem with HID lighting, Subs, Pioneer HU, interior neons, and a few other things. It's now in my Jeep no problem. Actually left my lights on for a full work shift (12 hours) the other night and came out and the car still started no problem. Also drove about 30 minutes last summer with a blown harmonic balancer and the car never missed a beat... Def. worth the $130...

We carry them through the business but I have never looked at the pricing... After shipping though it'd prolly be cheaper to still buy through O'Reilly's or AutoZone (if your's carries them)
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I've had a red top in my Aveo for about 2 months now. It works pretty good! My lights have yet to dim when I turn the sound system on.
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Thanks
      The optimals are amazing, well worth the money even if you don't have a system considering they last forever.

For you guys with systems, make sure you upgrade your grounds and alternator wires though. Those make an insane different on a sound system, and even usually on the engines response.

Thanks
      YUP! It sure does! I bought an updated ground and everything is so much better

"A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1