•  

Thread: The saga continues.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Question The saga continues.....

Good evening all and Happy New Year's Eve. This is my second post regarding my daughter's 2004 Chevy Aveo and it's intermittent hesitation and now stalling problem. Previous trouble codes have indicated a problem with the EVAP system. Thus far, visual inspections and the replacement of the fuel cap (with AC Delco part # 12F64) have not solved the problem. There have been several previous attempts to fix the problem. The repair work consisted of the replacement of the ignition wires and spark plugs during the first attempt; the discovery of a ripped air intake tube during the second.

This morning on the advice of the counter man at Auto Zone, I looked over the charcoal canister and associated valves along with the plastic tubing but saw no cracks or damage. It is noteworthy to mention that I used a floor jack and two stands while I conducted my inspection. When I started the car, the check engine light was off. After a brief trip, the car seemed to have good acceleration and no hesitation. My daughter drove roughly 20 miles in city traffic without incident. Then this evening my daughter went out again after the car sat for about three hours. At the 4 way intersection about 2 miles from the house the car stalled. When I attempted to start the car it fired immediately and I drove it down the road roughly three miles to the local Pep Boys. Frustrated and without any options, I am leaving the car in their hands as I have to return to school this weekend and cannot devote any further time to this mystery.

With that, I am assuming this has something to do with the fuel delivery and/or emissions system. Any thoughts, advice, prayers, etc. are welcomed.

Thanks
      The intermittent problems are never fun, and can take months to solve. My best luck in these is (providing there even is a DTC code to look up) to look up the TIS sheet for the code, and follow it to the letter and trace the diagnostic steps/conditions and ride it out step by step till there is nothing left but the cause of the issue. Best of luck to you!