•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muffler assistance

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Muffler assistance

I have an 05 Aveo and just put in an AEM cold air intake. I did notice a slight increase in acceleration and I'm overall pleased with the CIA. Is a new muffler the next step to increasing engine performance? For $125 I could get a Flowmaster 60 series delta flow muffler. Is it worth it? Is there a better muffler for a reasonable price (under $200)? Also, what are other steps to increasing HP and roughly what would I be looking at cost wise?

Thank you for any assistance!

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      Welcome to aveo forum. There are plenty of options for muffers that are cheaper than that. I myself have a cherrybomb pro muffler and i love the sound its quiet till i get on it. It all depends on what your taste is in sound most guys go ahead and do a full 2in pipe when they do the muffler so you dont have a giant adapter. Try summitracing.com or jegs.com they always have good deals and they are fast shippers. Bottom line i payed 45.00 shipped to germany for my muffler so just do your research and post up pics or a sound clip.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yeah i have a "thrush" brand glasspack/cherrybomb. Like classic said it isnt loud till you get on it. Cost me all of $30 and there is no restriction there. I plan on doing a cat-back exhaust soon though, im thinking 2 1/4" piping

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by classic67 View Post
      Welcome to aveo forum. There are plenty of options for muffers that are cheaper than that. I myself have a cherrybomb pro muffler and i love the sound its quiet till i get on it. It all depends on what your taste is in sound most guys go ahead and do a full 2in pipe when they do the muffler so you dont have a giant adapter. Try summitracing.com or jegs.com they always have good deals and they are fast shippers. Bottom line i payed 45.00 shipped to germany for my muffler so just do your research and post up pics or a sound clip.
      With your cherrybomb muffler did you notice any increase in performance? If so roughly how much HP?

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      there really is not a way to tell unless you actualy do dyno before and after but thats a waste of money. Unless you do a full header to full 2in or above pipe there really isnt a hp difference. Its more sound than anything. I would like to think it uped the hp but not by much.

Thanks
      The stock muffler is very restrictive, however like classic said to see any sort of improvement you need to do header back exhaust. I wish I didn't have emissions or I would. Xiagory makes/sells headers for the e-tecs however nobody makes headers for the ecotec AFAIK

Thanks
      Could you link me to a good header?

My friend told me to get a new engine exhaust kit. What all would that include?

Thanks
      Did you read what I just said?

"Xiagory makes/sells headers for the e-tec" pm him on here. No other headers are available. Although keep in mind you're car will fail emissions .

And as for the second part, ask you're friend. I'm not sure what he's trying to tell you to get. Although I will say you won't find any "kits" for the aveos. We put blood sweat and tears into our aveos and take pride!

Thanks
      I'm deeply sorry I'm not a car expert and didn't really understand your statement.

Thanks
      I wasn't trying to be mean. I apologize if that came across as such. And I guess how would you know who/what xiagory is without me telling you lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast