I have a brand new Barina/Aveo with the E-Tech II 16V engine (1.6ltr) and the engine flares between gear changes that is - to change gear- foot off accelerator , clutch in and the engine revs go up before going down , the amount of revs increase is directly proportional to the revs at the time of commencing changing :- ie. 3000 revs prior to change the revs will rise to 3300 before deacreasing , this makes changing an absolute PITA at times as the syncro's get loaded up and obviously this makes the change more difficult with second often finding 4th and third prefering 5th.
I've taken the car back to the dealers with a defect notice , they have tested the car and say that nothing is wrong and that the flaring is a "characteristic" of the car and that "all this model do it".
Wonderfull --I can look forward to prematurely worn synchros , gearbox , clutch and driveline components if I can't get this fixed--what a delight'.
My response to this nonsense is that I have farting characteristic if I drink to much beer and eat chilli but that dosen't make it alright in company and just because many others are similarly affected dosen't make it right for them either.
Has anyone else experianced this condition with thier cars when new/or not with any Aveo model atall - particularly the ones with the E-Tech II 16V 1.6ltr engine ?