Hey. Sorry to be a pest...but...I cant find info. about the accessory belt care/replacement. I did a search here and didn't find what I needed. Does this belt get replaced at a certain time...as in years, or mileage? ....like the timing belt has, at 60K miles.

Mine isnt making any noise, it is working fine, as far as I know. But it is now almost 6 years old, BUT again, only 21K miles on it. So...is it time or mileage that determines replacement?

I get the feeling I should replace it as a preventive measure. IF I should, is this the right time to replace the timing belt as well? I mean, will the part of the engine that has the accessory belt on it, be 'opened' and that would expose the timing belt, so it would save money on labor/time, to do them both. OR are the two totally unrelated replacements, and there is no connection between the two.

I know the timing belt is inside the engine, but will replacing the accessory belt expose the timing belt at all, and thus save some time, and money in labor in replacing the timing belt as well??

Any 'price range' to replace JUST the accessory belt? I have no idea. I know the timing belt is expensive....thus if it is time saving to replace both at the same time, and thus save on labor, it should be a savings in labor cost to do both....right?