•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st mod! CAI on an 08 LS

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

1st mod! CAI on an 08 LS

So, I've been to Autozone, and the guy told me to go to the Spectre site, and find the parts needed to make a CAI... They don't have specs for an Aveo... Gonna be contacting a performance shop next... they may be able to put something custom together, like a lotta you have, but one of these posts (out of hundreds I've read) mentions some "cheap" Cold Air Intakes that will fit the older (anything before 09) Aveos without having to alter the parts/connections. I also want to have a valve to prevent hydro-locking, one that turns into a RAM if it starts to suck water-just to be on the safe side! Any suggestions for a kit? Either an existing one that fits, or a list of parts/sizes needed... I am a total newbie, I admit.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo_Joe View Post
      So, I've been to Autozone, and the guy told me to go to the Spectre site, and find the parts needed to make a CAI... They don't have specs for an Aveo... Gonna be contacting a performance shop next... they may be able to put something custom together, like a lotta you have, but one of these posts (out of hundreds I've read) mentions some "cheap" Cold Air Intakes that will fit the older (anything before 09) Aveos without having to alter the parts/connections. I also want to have a valve to prevent hydro-locking, one that turns into a RAM if it starts to suck water-just to be on the safe side! Any suggestions for a kit? Either an existing one that fits, or a list of parts/sizes needed... I am a total newbie, I admit.
      check ebay for the cai, mine is an 04 but I have a full AEM cai, as far as I know, AEM is the only company I know that makes a water bypass, once you have an intake system, you will need to measure the diameter (for in aveo most will be 2.5 inches) the bypass valves are sold in different diameters
      Last edited by paulsaveo; 01-14-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
      Oh, ok! That's great info! Off to the AEM website I go! Thanks, bro!

Thanks
      Sooo... I talked to somebody on the phone with AEM, and they would not give me any info on how to make one of their intakes fit... pretty much told me if it wasn't made for my car, they couldn't help. I just got back from a performance shop that quoted me $400-$500 for a top end custom CAI with installation. That seems a little high! I am just about to the point of learning how to do it myself... I'd really like to meet up with somebody who has the exact year and model for my car (08 LS) to get a list of individual parts I need... what angles of elbows, where to put the water bypass valve, etc. Also, Ive considered pulling one of the $60-70 ones from ebay up, and asking the guy at the shop how much it would be for that one installed with a bypass valve... I will post a link to the one I'm looking at (didn't even see AEM on ebay for my car

Thanks
      Here's the one I was looking at-says it fits an 08 Aveo LS... Anybody try using this on any model? And does it look like something you could have a Water-bypass valve/Short RAM intake added? CHEVY AVEO 1.6 1.6L COLD AIR INTAKE 2004-2008 RED - eBay (item 370448450372 end time Jan-19-11 22:28:36 PST)

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      get the chromeintakes one off ebay, a few of use here have it and are very happy with it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      rabbit made one I think, should have a thread somewhere

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      oh, he has on 09?!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      ???????????????????????

Thanks
      Cool! Thanks, Rabbit! The Chrome Intakes one is even cheaper! Hunterooo, do you mean he made a Water Bypass Valve/Short RAM intake on one of the Chrome Intakes off of ebay? That's just what I am hoping to do!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast