•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with your Aveo?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Are you happy with your Aveo?

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      The service manual says to remove the bushings, put some teflon tape on the swaybar and reinstall the bushings. I haven't tried yet.
      I'll have to try that.... Maybe if I actually get the ultraracing bars, I will do that when installing the 4-point lower brace... no idea how that's done, but probably will figure it out as I go as with the rest of the mods.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      The service manual says to remove the bushings, put some teflon tape on the swaybar and reinstall the bushings. I haven't tried yet.
      Interesting. I've always seen aftermarket companies suggest lubing them with a grease. But, they're usually using polyurethane bushings instead of rubber. In any case, I bet grease would work too.

I did stick my head around looking for the mounts on the front sway bars. They're tucked up in there good. I hope its not too much of a pain to get at them. I'll have to check it out before I get the engine back in the car.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I'm very happy with my 09' Aveo5. It just turned a year old last month and clicked 9,000 miles. So far so good. Had a faulty motor mount 3 months after I got it which caused me to lose a few gears, but I brought it in that day and had it swapped for a new one in about an hour and a half. Haven't had a problem since. Still gets excellent fuel mileage and performs great in the arctic up here. Still working on a bunch of suspension components right now. I'm also making a Bug/Rock Deflector for the hood that I'm modifying from one for a late model Subaru Legacy.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I've noticed a lot of people that have Aveos seem to do and make things themselves, which is cool. I just read a review comparing the Aveo to other cars in its class, and found that its mileage was closer to the competition than I expected, as good as the Versa and Fit.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byron84
      I've noticed a lot of people that have Aveos seem to do and make things themselves, which is cool. I just read a review comparing the Aveo to other cars in its class, and found that its mileage was closer to the competition than I expected, as good as the Versa and Fit.

That's true for highway MPG; unfortunately not as good for city driving with an automatic.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock

That's true for highway MPG; unfortunately not as good for city driving with an automatic.
      If you think about the money you saved initially when you bought an aveo instead of paying a bit extra for a fit or versa, it makes it worth it IMO.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

If you think about the money you saved initially when you bought an aveo instead of paying a bit extra for a fit or versa, it makes it worth it IMO.
      With the options to price ratio it was deffinately worth it IMO and it beats the 12 MPG that I had on my last daily driver so I will not complain about the MPG on these cars but will pay attention to ways to improve it. The more people tinker with these cars the more great DIY ideas will come so everyone keep the ideas going.
      2009 Chevy Aveo LT1 Silver
      2008 Saturn Outlook XE Silver W/Preferred & tow package

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock

I noticed that my city mpg was not great, and what I found online also reflected this. I have the manual one. So the other small cars will get a few mpg better in the city, but it's really not that huge of a difference. It's not like we get 15mpg and they get 40 in the city. It's only a few mpg difference...

I always had this notion that the hondas got like 35mpg city and 45mpg highway for some reason, but the reviews I saw made the Honda Fit look really not any better on gas than the Aveo, except maybe a bit better city. Which is pretty cool for the Aveo, considering it's not really a "premium" product like most people think of Hondas.

Last time I didn't quite fill up (so that's a bit less than 42L) and I did just under 520km which I thought was pretty good (mix of city/hwy and some not so easy driving).

I think car maintenance and driving technique probably makes a bigger difference in your overall mileage than whether you have a Versa, Fit, Aveo or Yaris etc.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

I got 535km for 38L on my last fill up. (39mpg Canadian, 33mpg US) about 50/50 city/highway.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I am not happy anymore.

Not fast enough. But, i am stuck
      It's almost payed off. The wife won't let me trade it in.
      SO...

Ordering $800 in body parts and doing some work to it.

Have the Intake on and will install the header shortly. If I am still not happy?
      After the body work and suspension is done? Convert to turbo, or buy a bike.

If she says no to bike, considering I will have 15,000 saved up, I will be searching out a turbo or supercharged (Cobalt?) engine to drop in her.

Later

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast