•  
    Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I work for Du Pont Chemical. I'm a control room board operator. Basically, I sit and push buttons and watch little pretty lights on 12 computer screens. Exciting, I know! My wife says I have the same job as Homer Simpson. But hey, it pays real well and I don't see her complaining, huh?

Petrified....my wife is a teacher too. She teaches 3rd grade. What does yours teach?

Oscare003....that's a good move if you're looking for a maint job at a plant like mine. Our maintenance guys here make as much as we do ($36/hour) plus more since they are always getting call outs with overtime.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      ^thanx

still looking. been real busy. just got a new home. ill get back 2 yall when i get the internet again!~
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I am a Senior Travel consultant in South Africa.

So for people like yourself looking to come to South Africa i will do tailor made itineraries for various options, including Safaris, Cape Town and etc.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      My wife teaches secondary autistic support at a special Ed center.

Homer Simpson made $36 an hour? Hmm.. That's alot of donuts and beer..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi everybody, I'm new here. Unlike many of you, while I love the Aveo, I don't "Love the Aveo"... it's the wife's car. I picked it from a field including pontiac, suzuki, and toyota, and picked it as the best value. I do not drive it all that much, because I cannot get her out of it. I nirmally drive the GMC Doolie, or the Silverado 4X4, or ride the bike... 2000 LC1500.

We bought it new in late 2004, and have about 107K on the clock. We did the timing belt replacement around 60K (yeah, coming up on another by spring), and around 100K I replaced the plugs and wires, and knocked the bugs out of the K&N.

I am a Marine Corps Veteran, US Navy Retired, DAV for life, and work as a freelance computer consultant.In 2008 I traveled all over the country (like 47K miles in 34 states in 10 months) on a contract performing computer upgrades of paint mixing systems. Since that contract ended, I have been job hunting, with a little work here, a little work there.

I'll keep it and add a turbo MatchboxKiller's Avatar
      Thanks
      I now work at the grocery store owned by my family again while im back into college. and a full time student, if that counts
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      I want a new job. Mine has no challenge to it. Im wating time. So while Im wasting time here, Im gonna scour the internets looking for gainful employment.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      I am a help desk technician in downtown LA. I finally have a job so that I can start modding my Aveo again (which will happen very soon!)
      Last edited by khan4rtist; 12-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I don't have a job yet, but I'm looking for a decent paying job so I can enroll into Shoreline Community College here in Washington. They have a really great program for automotive. Working on cars is something that I've seriously considered for the last few years since my sophomore year in high school, as well as watching my dad change his stereo system on his cars years ago, to him upping the performance on his current car in recent months.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I currently have two jobs I'm working right now, roughly 45 to 50 hours a week.

The first is shift manager at the Pizza Hut near the malls in my city. I'm pretty sure we are the only Pizza Hut in Canada that does not have delivery. Delivery was moved to a Delco nearby and we run strictly as takeout and dine-in. I have a love/hate relationship with that place.

I work at Mark's Work Wearhouse, a Canadian clothing chain on the side as well. I'm basically just an employee there, helping people find items, answering questions ordering items ect. My primary area is mens denim. I love it there, laid back, good customers and when they aren't my managers don't take ****, we actually threw someone out yesterday for yelling at a staff member because we cannot get an item here for Christmas.

I'm looking to get back into the movie theatre industry though, I worked at one for 6 years and then decided to move on and try something else and for other personal reasons. I actually have an interview for a projectionist position at one of the other theatres here in my city on Christmas day. Can't say that was the ideal situation but the owner wants to see me and that is the only time he could. Only took them 3 days to get back to me after dropping off my resume caught me off guard.

Oh and I'm hoping to go back to school as well next year taking Network Systems Technician. I took Animation Computer Arts (3D Animation) but the industry tanked the year I graduated and haven't been able to find a job. I figured networking is something that will always be needed.

Wow having written that I have a **** ton going on and planned in my life for the next 2 years.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast