So, my 2011 Aveo has about 65000 miles on it. I purchased it new in 2011.

I currently only drive it 3 times a week to my part-time job (total 5 miles round trip) these days since I retired a few years ago. Also the store once a week.

So, this road trip (from KC to Boston and back) will put on quite a few miles!! Two days after I purchased the car, I drove it from KC to Sacramento and back. I've driven to Oklahoma City and Springfield Missouri (once each) but other than that, it's just city driving, to/from work or the store or doctor, etc.

It's a 4-cylinder and I don't run the AC in the summer because it really bogs down the engine. No biggie, really, since I don't drive that much! However, going up some hills sometimes it seems like the car really struggles. No engine lights have come on so my mechanic (at a Goodyear franchise) doesn't know what to look for (or so he says). Last summer they changed the spark plugs but that really didn't do a whole lot.

I plan to get an oil change prior to this road trip (at the end of April) and really want him to go over my car with a fine-tooth comb. What should/could I ask him to look for?

Could the gasoline I use cause an issue? (i.e., with or without ethanol, regular versus premium, etc.).

I do have AAA so that's a comfort.

Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions, etc.!!